Rear window motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window motor

Common problem on these cars, the rear window motor packs up. This is a problem as you can't open the tail gate with the window raised. After an hour or so bent double in the back of the car I finally got the defunct motor out. The price of a second hand one is silly money so I removed the motor from the near side, rear passenger door. All working fine. Now to find a cheap motor to replace the one removed from the passenger door. If anyone has a spare at a reasonable price I should be grateful. A big thanks to members here who posted a simple guide on how to remove the motor. Unfortunately min was far to gone to do the fix suggested.

If ya haven't already, also Post in wanted section ..... scrapyards are n option but from any similar era Toyota's fit n are generally cheaper !!
    Hope this helps

12+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. Bought one from ebay from a toyota corolla looks like it will fit and much cheaper - £14 delivered.

Comment

sorry to hijack the thread but I'd like to ask diy surgeon if you have another rear window switch available ? or could you make me one up ? I could send you the knackered bit.
        I've just posted in Parts Wanted with a picture..

Comment

Sorry I don't have a switch. Although in the past my switch played up, I pulled it apart and found the tracks on the printed circuit board were broken on one side. So I made a new printed board. I gave a few to people here. If that is the problem I could make some more up but it will take a week or so.

Posted about the above with a picture in May 2012, I'm not sure how to post a link to it.
          Last edited by diysurgeon; 20 January 2014, 21:12.

Comment

that's exactly what's wrong with mine....the silver track has worn away...if you could make one up for me I'd be ever so grateful...and willing to pay for your time and labour of course..

Comment

....or could you tell me how to have a go myself..?

Comment

I drew a copy of the board and tracks using software called tech soft 2D design. Then printed onto clear acetate. Then used photo sensitive circuit board, light box and developer to print the circuit onto the copper. Then shoved into an etchant tank, job done. Drilled 1mm holes and soldered the wires in place.

If you post me the the current connector I can sort for you but it will take me a week or so. I will need to redraw the circuit if I can't find my original therefore need the original.

What's your email address and I can send you my detail. No need for payment, it will only take a hour or so. Just cover postage costs. I will make a batch of ten in case others need them.
                Last edited by diysurgeon; 21 January 2014, 20:38.

Comment

Brilliant..!

Sir ...you are a true gent...

E-mail me at

davefay@hotmail.co.uk.

your description of how to do it is like talking a foreign language to me... so if you could make one up for me that would be excellent..

Comment

No problem, email sent.

Comment

mr2 mk2 window motors fit fine and cheap
                      GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X