need advice on getting a surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice on getting a surf

hey guys and gals i'm looking at getting myself a shiny nearly new import surf i,ve heard big bad horror stories about the 2.4 auto with serious problems with head gaskets and gearbox seals i,m wondering if anyone can confirm for me also if there are any stories about 3.0 auto problems i have heard that it is the canines testies of off roaders and as i used to own a landie 90 i need something that can match and surpass my poor sick mud machine i did indeed kill it impressively when decending a mud bank anyway i digress i also need to know about insurance for an import as my insurance wont touch imports with a 40ft winch cable so any info would be very much appreciated and maybe we'll all meet in a stupidly muddly field some where cheers for all your help big jimmy out

Can't vouch on the 3ltr bit but for insurance my 2.4 td is cheaper to insure than the 2.0 ltr GLX Mondeo I previosly owned. Search out Insurance on here plenty to choose from I found cheapest LifeSure but was regulary recommended to Tesco but they would never answer the phone and when they did they wouldn't quote without a reg nos.

Steve
    Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

thanx for that mate i,m having trouble getting thru to tescos aswell as i have also been pointed that way but without a reg either i think i,ll give up cheers

jimmy

Comment

Hi i tried tesco and the quote was quite reasonable but when i rang to take up the offer the ammount altered , then by accident i spoke to a mate who had just bought a shogun and i am with a company called adrian flux just call 08700 775566 and ask for 4wd dept. 3.0 ssrx with breakdown cover, using company car no claims discount just over £400 would be 15% lower with cat 1 alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by markmobile
          Hi i tried tesco and the quote was quite reasonable but when i rang to take up the offer the ammount altered , then by accident i spoke to a mate who had just bought a shogun and i am with a company called adrian flux just call 08700 775566 and ask for 4wd dept. 3.0 ssrx with breakdown cover, using company car no claims discount just over £400 would be 15% lower with cat 1 alarm.
          tesco did that to me too... took out the insurance and a week later got a letter to call them... they wanted an extra £740!!!... i caacelled but didn't get all the money back...
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Insurance with Tesco

I actually got through with no problems, and they insured me for £412 pound - cheapest quote by about £80.

Includes legal cover & loan car so don't give up on them.

TIP: Use phone number off thier web site - it is different to one given in-store!!

Comment

Tesco,
              Have insured all my imports with them.
              Gave then the Vin number, it was fine, then after being registered & taxed, told them Reg number

Have always got through pretty quick, no press this press that & after the third tone !!!!!
              [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Try Direct Line.