Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower front wishbone bushes

Hi Folks!

Replacing lower wishbone bushes. Father went for poly kit from Roughtrax, his choice not mine, I'm just fitting them!

Got the arms here but before I destroy the old bushes removing them, do I need to salvage the steel sleeves? The new kit only has a bush and the inner sleeve the cam bolts passes through..

Thanks in advance!

You can get poly with sleeves but can be more expensive than the original rubber with is much better. If the sleeves are rusty at all, forget trying to salvage them. Heard of some burning out the rubber, but why bother. I say use the rubber. Have seen the rubber ones on the net, quite cheap aftermarket.

Nev.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-FRONT-LOWE...-/261127436540

Nev.

Comment

That's a brilliant deal Nev - set of genuine rubber bushes here costs about £160 + postage !

I fitted poly bushes because of that and so far they've been fine. I would have fitted the rubbber ones you linked to if I'd have known about them.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
          That's a brilliant deal Nev - set of genuine rubber bushes here costs about £160 + postage !

I fitted poly bushes because of that and so far they've been fine. I would have fitted the rubbber ones you linked to if I'd have known about them.
          Yeah, a real bargain. Made in Taiwan so should be ok. They tend to make some pretty good stuff. Mine cost A$360.00 genuine when I got mine but now they are available really cheap, from a number of places. This eBay one is the cheapest i have seen anywhere. Wouldn't surprise me if this is where all the more expensive ones come from and other sellers just have a huge markup.

Nev.

Comment

BTW, check out the sellers other items. Tie Rod Ends and lots of other stuff at bargain prices. Have posted about this seller before at some time.

Nev.

Comment

Good find

Comment

Father dropped of bushes today, luckily they come with new sleeve inserts, so my next question is do you press in the insert first then push through the poly bush, followed by the centre insert?

Comment

Late reply I know but I would assume you push the assembled bush in in one piece otherwise I can see problems with maybe the outer sleeve collapsing. Never done poly so not sure.

Nev.

Comment

It's definitely all in one.

BTW: There's a UK eBay seller selling those bushes that Nev posted above. Similar price, too.

I contacted the seller in Taiwan and they're definitely rubber bushes.

Damn good price: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3009527537...84.m1438.l2648

Comment

With mine, I pressed the outer metal sleeve in first, then the bush, followed by the centre piece. The bush has a large lip at each end so can be tricky to push. Plenty lube and patience and it squeezes down enough to pop through.

Comment

Working...
                      X