Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner arch skirt material?

Hi all,

Does anyone know what kind of material the inner arch skirts are made from?

I need to make some extended ones up as the 2" body lift has left a gap, obviously. I'd like to just make a proper set instead of adding another layer.

I'd like to source the same material, also, as it's clearly very durable.

Thanks for you time

Sorry; I can't answer your question, but....

I think most of us just take it all off. Gets a wee bit more air flow around the engine bay too.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Yeh, that makes sense.

Unfortunately, until I get around to cleaning up the underneath...it looks awful!

Comment

I don't agree with removing the skirts for better air flow. I believe that they are actually fitted to smooth the flow of air over the engine and direct it right over the engine and down the rear to ensure better cooling, rather than turbulent flows.

Comment

Originally posted by yorta2 View Post
          I don't agree with removing the skirts for better air flow. I believe that they are actually fitted to smooth the flow of air over the engine and direct it right over the engine and down the rear to ensure better cooling, rather than turbulent flows.

Nope, they're basically just stone guards.
          How is a narrow strip of rubber sheet going to help with airflow in a turbulent environment like a wheel arch?

Removing them lets hot air escape more easily which can help with better airflow through the radiator.

Comment

The airflow in question is not in the wheel arch, but in the engine bay (on the other side of the rubber).

Comment

Probably mdpe/ hdpe, hard to glue but very tough.
              Just ad an extension.

Comment

Working...
              X