Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN185 -K&N 57i

Gents,

I've put one of these on my old girl today to see what the difference would be. So far, she"s noisier (sucking air) but that's about it.

Any one else got something like this on? Also, I'd like the thoughts of you guys, i.e of using a these over the factory fitted air boxes!?

Tom

Personally wouldn't bother, why have you decided to fit it? Guessing you don't go off road etc.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Although not k&N I've got a similar set up which was on the surf when I bought it. I was originaly going to remove it as I wanted a snorkle but came to the conclusion that my off road days are so few it wasn't worthwhile. Additionaly due to the lift the filter sits that high up that I would never be near water that deep!
      What I did find though that it has been left sitting on top of the rubber fuel hose and the vibration had caused the wire mesh on the filter to cut into rubber. Might not be a problem for you as my fuel primer has also been bypassed and is not a standard set up. Do you have a pic of it installed?

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
        Personally wouldn't bother, why have you decided to fit it? Guessing you don't go off road etc.
        No, it does go off road with deer stalking etc. just doesn't go wading through deep water. The filter was given to me by another Gen 3 owner, they took it off their truck as the truck was sold. I just thought I'd give it a go!

Basically it's fitted to the air duct (flexi rubber removed) and sits high up

T

Comment

Barring direct cold air induction, does a non-moded Gen 3 breath adequately though the stock set-up (volume wise)?

Comment

It won't see performance gains, probably loss due to the hot air it will suck in. But it will sound angrier.
            well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Got one on mine. When it first went on the truck seemed to pick up slightly better but I also have a non standard exhaust, could have been imagining this though due to the noise it makes Gave me a very slight increase in MPG.

I removed the stock air box and left the pipe that went to it, filter is fitted to that and sits above NS inner wing. Biggest benefit to it is easier access under the bonnet when servicing.

CHeers

Ben

Comment

Working...
              X