Another tyre size question please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo12c View Post
    Ok i may be getting confused here but is 33 the diameter and 12.5 the width of the tyre? So for a 10" rim 10.5 and 12.5 would fit. But with 2" lift i can go to 33 and 4" lift i can go to 35?

At current the tyres on are 265/70/15
    Your tyres convert to roughly a 30x10.5x15 tyre. 10.5 tyres should go on a 7" rim. 8" rim is ok according to some but not recommended by most. I wouldn't even put 12.5" tyres on a 10" rim.

Nev.

Comment

Why not Nev?

If you would put 10.5 on 7, why not 12.5 on 10?
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
        Why not Nev?

If you would put 10.5 on 7, why not 12.5 on 10?
        Same reason I would not put a 10.5 tyre on an 8" rim. More likely to roll of the rim, especially if you are offroad and air down the tyres. Even better for the 12.5 tyres is an 8.5" or 9" rim if you can find them.

Nev.
        Last edited by NiftyNev; 25 April 2013, 09:29.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          Even better for the 12.5 tyres is an 8.5" or 9" rim if you can find them.

Nev.
          Thats the very reason why most of use 8" rims.

Comment

i used compomotive 8 1\2 rims with kuhmo 33's when i first had it. it only caught on full lock on the black mud flap bit under the front arch. im now running 36 1350 15 but have a modified 2" bodlift and 5 inch suspension. which reminds me ill have my set of almost brand new mickey thompson baja mtz if anyone interested on the same compomotive alloys
            Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Thats the very reason why most of use 8" rims.
              uh?

For a 12.5" tyre?
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                uh?

For a 12.5" tyre?
                Yes. As I understand it, the tyre may be 12.5" wide but where it sits on the rim is not. You want to be sure the bead is seated securely, so the tyre does not come of the rim. One thing you may have to keep an eye on is tyre pressure, as on an 8" rim the centre will bulge a bit more than on a 10" so a lower tyre pressure may be needed to prevent wear in the centre of the tyre.

Nev.

Comment

Working...
                X