Another tyre size question please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another tyre size question please

Hi folks I've just done a search and can't find the exact answer so if somebody could answer for me quickly please.

My surf is raised 2 inches on the body and I have 10" wide wheels

What is the biggest tyres I can go on these without the need for anymore raise

Thanks

Marty

do another 2inch and you will be able to fit something like this
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

All depends on what off-set the wheels have.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        All depends on what off-set the wheels have.
        right again!

Comment

Ah I'll check tomorrow and report back

Comment

I've just had a look for offsets and I can't see any stamps on the outside or stickers on the inside.

Attached is pics though of how we are looking at the moment

Last edited by Gonzo12c; 24 April 2013, 09:17.

Comment

if you take one wheel of the truck, normally you will see the offset size stamped on it

Comment

Those are not 10" wide wheels most likely 8".

Comment

Oh I will double check but when I got them I ran a tape measure across them and it read 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo12c View Post
                    Oh I will double check but when I got them I ran a tape measure across them and it read 10
                    The rim width is measured in the section the tyre sits in. If you measured the from the back of the wheel to the outside edge and got 10", you need to subtract approx 2" to give the true width measurement.

Comment

Looks like 31x10.5s on 7" (maybe 8") rims.

Nev

Comment

The rim width is measured in the section the tyre sits in. If you measured the from the back of the wheel to the outside edge and got 10", you need to subtract approx 2" to give the true width measurement.
                        Yep rim seat to seat I will get the spare off and check again though. What height of tyre can fit in a 2 inch lift then on 15" rim is it 31 or 33?

Comment

As you only have 2" of lift, you could probably get away with 33/10.5/15 tyres.
                          With 4" total lift you could use the usual 33/12.5/15 tyres.

Comment

As you only have 2" of lift, you could probably get away with 33/10.5/15 tyres.
                            With 4" total lift you could use the usual 33/12.5/15 tyres.
                            Ok i may be getting confused here but is 33 the diameter and 12.5 the width of the tyre? So for a 10" rim 10.5 and 12.5 would fit. But with 2" lift i can go to 33 and 4" lift i can go to 35?

At current the tyres on are 265/70/15

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo12c View Post
                              Ok i may be getting confused here but is 33 the diameter and 12.5 the width of the tyre? So for a 10" rim 10.5 and 12.5 would fit. But with 2" lift i can go to 33 and 4" lift i can go to 35?

At current the tyres on are 265/70/15
                              You don't have 10" wide wheels....that we are all pretty sure of!
                              Most likely somewhere between 7 and 8"
                              33" is the diameter ans 12.5 the OVERALL width of the tyre, not the tread width.
                              on your (lets call them 8") wheels, 31's or 32" x 10.50 or 11.50 will fit, but that's it, unless you like driving mushy mush mush.

If they actually are deep dished 10" wheels, with a total of 4" lift, you can fit 33x12.50's or with an extra inch or two, and some fettling with the front arches 35's will fit.
                              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                              X