anc head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anc head

hi just bought a anc cylinder head kit from roughtrax. its the first time i have dealt with them and i found them really helpfull and very pleasent. they sent it direct to the garage that will be replaceing the head and they received it the very next day. i also bought new filters (oil, air and fuel) and top and bottom rad hoses. included in the kit are new head bolts, gaskets and timing belt
    is there anything else i should look at replacing while this work is being done?
    it had a new radiator 2 years ago and the waterpump was replaced last year
    what is the general concensus regarding the anc cyl head ?
    the symptons for replacing the suspect cyl head are
    continued coolant loss
    gunge in the oil filler cap
    burble for a few seconds when first start up
    smoke/vapor from exhaust (sometimes not always)
    the thermostat has been replaced and cooling system flushed top hose hot bottom hose cold but cant get no heat in the car yet both heater hoses hot
    heaterfan blowin and all directions ok ie sreen, floor and face
    your help and advice much appreciated
    i know u know
    thanks

No idea because we don't know which model Surf you're referring to and what engine it has.
    Add the truck details under your username.

Comment

No heat probably means a blocked heater matrix. Did you use any kind of rad weld or k seal in the cooling system?
      I have very similar symptoms so am looking at getting an AMC head too.
      Just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit so I can do it.

Comment

Bushwhacker said "No idea because we don't know which model Surf you're referring to and what engine it has."

My guess is that it is maybe a 1KZTE, seeing he posted his query in the 3.0 Turbo Diesel section, but I could be wrong. Which actual model it is, maybe more contentious, but perhaps not all that important. (but I know what he is hinting at).

Comment

anc head

sorry for the lack of info
          it's the 3.0ltre 4-runner kzn 130 manual gearbox uk model
          had this car now for 10 years and it's been awesome does everything i need and been the best. brought home both my kids out of the materity wards and they don't want "little maggie" to go (named by by daughter).
          so after a family conflab she is staying.
          will update my info
          thanks
          i know u know

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            No idea because we don't know which model Surf you're referring to and what engine it has.
            Add the truck details under your username.
            ok will do i'am new to this so please bear with me till i get up to speed

i know u know

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbslc View Post
              No heat probably means a blocked heater matrix. Did you use any kind of rad weld or k seal in the cooling system?
              no i haven't used any sealant of any kind. replaced the rad 2 years ago with 1 fron milners. living in derbyshire i get my "stuff" from milners but for the cyl head they couldn't supply 1 they said that they had supply issues and wouldn't be able to get a cyl head for 3-6 months so i rang ruoghtrax and they obliged staight away (very impressed with them) so far
              according to info anc are pretty good replacements but time will tell
              hope this forum will advise

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68348

Comment

anc head

thanks for the thread
                  will let you know how it all pans out
                  i know u know

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbslc View Post
                    will let you know when it's all done

Comment

Working...
                    X