which oil filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which oil filter?

Went to do an oil change yesterday but every motor accesories place I went to either didn,t recognise the vehicle on their data base or didn't know which filter to use. I have a 94 3.0TD. After looking on here I decided to have a look on Milners website. How do I find out if I have a series 130 or 185? I ended up just changing the oil and left the filter in situ to be changed at the next oil change. Any help gratefully recieved.

'94 is a second generation KZN130 3ltr. The KZN185 third generation is basically the same engine and takes the same filter.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by tommo2105 View Post
      Went to do an oil change yesterday but every motor accesories place I went to either didn,t recognise the vehicle on their data base or didn't know which filter to use. I have a 94 3.0TD. After looking on here I decided to have a look on Milners website. How do I find out if I have a series 130 or 185? I ended up just changing the oil and left the filter in situ to be changed at the next oil change. Any help gratefully recieved.
      Sure, yours is the KZN 130 series, if you follow the link on milners or roughtraxks website it will take you to the right filter. Otherwise fram or gud filters for KZ-TE from automotive parts shops are also ok, just take your chassis and engine number with you so that they give you the right one.

Cheers
      Last edited by tashtego; 25 February 2013, 12:32.

Comment

Cheers guys, I knew youd come up trumps.. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Lots of servicing info here.

Try and find a motor factors that supplies to the trade rather than a 'motor accesories' place.

Comment

Working...
          X