yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the front diff breather already extended in 3rd Gen,1996?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the front diff breather already extended in 3rd Gen,1996?

Worse rainy season in 10 yrs!
    I am having a go at fitting the newly arrived snorkel at the weekend, plus sorting out the rear and front diff breathers. I have ordered from toyota a couple of extended breathers/unions.
    However on a few sites is mentioned that 3rd Gens already have an extended front diff breather. Is this true?
    It is quite hard to get to the actual diff to have a proper look. Should I see a breather pipe somewhere in the engine bay?
    Thanks

My snorkel has been on for round 3 or 4 yrs, can take a pic tomorrow and show you how mine is connected, i have the safari snorkel so not sure if you have 1 of them but should be somewhat the same i would have thought
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
      Worse rainy season in 10 yrs!
      I am having a go at fitting the newly arrived snorkel at the weekend, plus sorting out the rear and front diff breathers. I have ordered from toyota a couple of extended breathers/unions.
      However on a few sites is mentioned that 3rd Gens already have an extended front diff breather. Is this true?
      It is quite hard to get to the actual diff to have a proper look. Should I see a breather pipe somewhere in the engine bay?
      Thanks
      Pretty sure the breather is clipped to the passenger side inner wing , under the air filter hose kind of area.

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution View Post
        My snorkel has been on for round 3 or 4 yrs, can take a pic tomorrow and show you how mine is connected, i have the safari snorkel so not sure if you have 1 of them but should be somewhat the same i would have thought
        Cheers mate, if you could take a pic of the engine bay just for me to see how it joins to the existing intake, that would be great.
        It's a cheapo Safari 143 HF chinese copy. It looks exactly the same as the safari, although probably cheaper PVC/LLDPE, as from pic.
        Thanks again!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
          Pretty sure the breather is clipped to the passenger side inner wing , under the air filter hose kind of area.
          Cheers mate, I 'll have a good look, so every 3rd gen has already got one?

Comment

Since this was my way to work yesterday afternoon, you can see why I am fretting about the breathers and the snorkel!!
            Attached Files

Comment

See if you can trace the two ADD hoses from the VSVs down to front diff. The breather is attached to a hose from the same area as the ADD hoses.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                See if you can trace the two ADD hoses from the VSVs down to front diff. The breather is attached to a hose from the same area as the ADD hoses.

Nev
                Cheers Nev,
                That's a bit technical for me but I'll have a good look.
                I guess that means that I only need to extend the rear diff breather, since the front one is factory done...

Comment

Working...
                X