Springs advice in South Africa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springs advice in South Africa!

Experiencing bad SAS (Saggy a**e syndrome), expecially when loaded.
    I have looked at past threads, would I be right in thinking that we can buy the same springs that fit the gen 2 Prado?

_Unfortunately no RT or Milners down here ( open an East Africa branch!! I 'll run for you!), so I am trying to order a set from South Africa.

I am looking at 2" lift max, since I don't want to tamper with front suspension.

OME have changed their numbers slightly, by adding a 2 in front of all their old products. So the 906 is now the 2906. Problem is its not available here, needs to be ordered from Oz. The other ones such as 2890 and 2891 provide a higher lift that I need, and they are really expensive here, almost 300 quid for a pair. TJM also very dear.

Anyone knows of some cheaper options? It's for a 3rd gen...

Also, can I put 2" lift spring and keep the same standard shocks?

Thanks a lot for your help! :O)
    Last edited by tashtego; 15 January 2013, 17:41.

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
    Experiencing bad SAS (Saggy a**e syndrome), expecially when loaded.
    I have looked at past threads, would I be right in thinking that we can buy the same springs that fit the gen 2 Prado?

_Unfortunately no RT or Milners down here ( open an East Africa branch!! I 'll run for you!), so I am trying to order a set from South Africa.

I am looking at 2" lift max, since I don't want to tamper with front suspension.

OME have changed their numbers slightly, by adding a 2 in front of all their old products. So the 906 is now the 2906. Problem is its not available here, needs to be ordered from Oz. The other ones such as 2890 and 2891 provide a higher lift that I need, and they are really expensive here, almost 300 quid for a pair. TJM also very dear.

Anyone knows of some cheaper options? It's for a 3rd gen...

Also, can I put 2" lift spring and keep the same standard shocks?

Thanks a lot for your help! :O)
    Following my previous post I have located a cple of companies that do TJM products and would be able to ship them over to me. Does anyone know the part/code number for the ones that fit the 3rd Gen? They are getting a bit confused since there's very few surfs in SA.

Can I order the Prado/Colorado ones?

I think Charvell on the forum had a set of TJMs in his truck...

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
    X