Air bleed valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air bleed valve

I have some air in the heater pipes on my 3rd gen that I can't get out, does anyone know if there is an air bleed valve available that will fit in the heater hoses near the bulkhead?
    I hope to bleed the air out at the highrst point.

Seek and ye shall find
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3126
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/product/B...Bleed_BLEEDV19
      Fit a couple of these, dead easy.
      Non consternationes.

Comment

Thanks for the links
        I've just ordered one of those bleed valves it's, probably cheaper than making one out of copper fittings as well.

Comment

You really shouldn't need this, just fill it from the hose that connects to the heater valve till it comes out the valve itself, then pop the hose on if you are having trouble with airlocks.

But I never, ever, had to with any 3.0, only those pesky 2.4's, and that only occasionally.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I know what you mean TonyN but the truck seems to be loosing coolent slowly as I posted a while ago.
            I just want to get the air out then see if it comes back so I can try to track down the leak. I'm not sure if the head is playing up or if there is a leaky hose joint or something else that's sucking in air when it cools down.

Comment

Ah, ok. Just making sure you wern't all lost in the 2.4 paranoia threads and might be wasting time/money.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'm lost in the 3.0 paranoia threads!

Comment

Working...
                X