X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this look like a towbar for 2ndGen KNZ130

Hi, I'd appreciate some help please?

Trying to fit a towbar to my 3.0TD Auto

Bought this off eBay - advertised as 2nd Gen Surf towbar.

When I offer it up, the right hand side would need to bolt through the towing eye, amd I'd have to drill the chassis rails to fits the two bolts throught the L shaped bracket.

Both sides are symetrical and the left hand side fouls the exhaust (I don't have a towing eye on the left rear (should I?).

Have I got the wrong towbar for my Surf? (Seller swears it's off a 2nd Gen). It certainly looks a lot different from the 2Gen towbars I've seen on this site and around the web.

Any advice would be really appreaciated.

Cheers
    Al
    Attached Files

The proper tow bar is bolted in 4 places on the 2nd gen.3 are through the chassis and the 4th is on a small plate on the chassis.
    The one in your pic don't look right to me and i would ask for your money back
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Maybe it came off a 2nd Gen, but I wouldn't fancy one that bolts to the lashing point, and then just two small holes close together on that bracket.

The cross bar is very small too.

Hard to see from your pic, but looks home made, they usually look similar to this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOWBAR-BAL...item2323212e14

With three bolts holding a big bracket to chassis, and three or two bolts bolting the crossbar to the side brackets.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Wtf

I wouldn't tow my mother in law with that.

Hang on...
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

2 standard 2nd gen tow bars....

off a 2.4

And the 3.0 version

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
          X