Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spongy brakes, speedometer & radio

hi guys

my car has been sitting idle for about 4 months now and realise that it has to goto new home however.....

since starting my motor and testing the brakes they have become spongy along with the radio not powering up and also the speedometer not working!

any ideas what can cause these problems simultaneously?

regards

mr angry

Leaving it idle for four months can cause all these problems.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

managed to fix the electrical problem as it was a blown fuse in the engine bay. still confused in why the radio works off a fuse in the engine bay and not the internal drivers side fuse bay :/

anyways does anyone have a suggestion on why the breaks are spongy even though there is no leaks?

regards

Comment

Spongy brakes

Bleed brakes to get any air out of the system. If that does not do the trick it would be worth changing the brake fluid, especially if you do not know how old the brake fluid is, then replace with new, as water may have contaminated the fluid. Hope this helps.

Comment

hi

ok will try the bleeding and replacing the brake fluid. apart from this any ideas why the fuse in the engine bay would be used for the interior clock & radio???? im sure this should be linked to the interior fuses and this is why im probably getting a flat battery as it may have constant power through this setup (i might be wrong though!) find it strange that this has been rerouted and part of the engine bay fuse box :/

regards

Comment

Radio fuse

Most non factory fitted radio, cd, or cassette players come with a separate fuse and holder, so that would explain that fuse. Possibly the other just blew by coincidence.

Comment

My radio, interior light and aerail were from the engine bay fusebox.

I guess the 'basic' first hilux's used just an engine fusebox and when Toyota needed another they put it inside.

Comment

thanks guys

any ideas on the speedometer problem???

regards

Comment

Working...
                X