Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Belt

Can somebody please give me some info or point me in the right direction,
    i need to replace my timing belt today and thought it would be straight forward tensioner but it appears to be hydraulic???
    Somebody HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks
    Colin.

Have a look at the Aus site.

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=876

Comment

Originally posted by Quicka
      Can somebody please give me some info or point me in the right direction,
      i need to replace my timing belt today and thought it would be straight forward tensioner but it appears to be hydraulic???
      Somebody HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks
      Colin.
      The tensioner is hydraulic and needs to be retracted using either a G Clamp or a vice or a press. Once you have retracted it far enough but a small hex key in the hole in the side that goes straight through the tensioner unit and holds the tensioner retracted. Refit it after fitting the belt and then remove the hex key, the tensioner will now act on the belt.

The 3.0 Timing belt is a dodle compared to the 2.4.

Cheers

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying, i knew i could get the result from somebody on here, Thanks again!

Colin.

Comment

Cambelt

To keep on the same subject, as i am changing mine this weekend, do you need to time it before taking the belt off.?

Comment

Originally posted by Astrasurf
            To keep on the same subject, as i am changing mine this weekend, do you need to time it before taking the belt off.?
            Yes you will need to time it before removing the belt, look at this site and page EM13 for info.http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/manuals/1KZ-TE/

Comment

Thanks Andy, This manual, is it the same for my 1994 KZN130.?

Comment

Originally posted by Astrasurf
                Thanks Andy, This manual, is it the same for my 1994 KZN130.?
                Yes the same engine as in your surf.

Comment

kzn130 engine manual

Having spent a great deal of time working blind on my kzn130, to find a full on engine manual online is an absolute godsend. many many thanks to whoever did this. it's going to save me hours of phone calls to toyota main dealers. thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by surfivor
                    Having spent a great deal of time working blind on my kzn130, to find a full on engine manual online is an absolute godsend. many many thanks to whoever did this. it's going to save me hours of phone calls to toyota main dealers. thank you.
                    Thats Codlord you have to thank for that, he's one of the people on here. He must have spent a fair deal of time on putting it on the site, cos it was originally on a .pdf file that was available on the web which has been scanned off someone's Toyota Manual.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X