Continuing 4wd saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuing 4wd saga

Hi everyone, after a year I got hold of a new actuator motor for my '96 3rd gen knz185, fitted it but still no joy !!, new 4wd ecu also fitted. The motor has been checked by applying current to it and it moves freely in and out, ecu is new. All dash lights are flashing but pressing 4wd switch has no effect at all, no power at the motor or at the switch. 20 amp 4wd fuse is fine but according to a wiring diagram i found there is also a 10amp fuse in the circuit but no clues as to where it is??. Checked the under bonnet box and the ecu but no fuse, if anyone has any ideas would be most appreciated as the auto electrician is stumped. Moving the transfer lever has no effect on 4wd either but the problem does seem to be electrical

When you fitted the new solonoid did you check the rod was all the way in or out of the transfer case, then set the solonoid to match before fitting it?

You then normally have to move the small gear a few teeth either way to get it set properly.

Also check the switch on the rear of the front axle is working properly.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

4wd saga

Hi, we set the motor in two wheel drive ie all the way back and then re fitted the small gear wheel under the access plate. The problem seems to be a lack of power at the motor, the 20 amp 4wd fuse is live, the dash lights flash so the 4wd ecu is powering up but there is no power at either contact at the transfer lever switch and no relay noise when pressed in or out. I am not sure in which order it all works, i assumed that the transfer box motor would energise first, pushing in the rod and tripping the 4wd switch to get the front end add to engage, it's frustrating as there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with any one part but the system just wont get going, the front switch seems ok !!!??

Comment

Working...
      X