Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mot

Just had an early mot and couple of advisorys :-(

On having excessive dirt on the vehicle,(he said I was on the limit of the amount of dirt I could have on the hilux!, was only jetwashed on the underside 6days ago at the weekend and only been on the roads a few hundred miles at best-Not a happy ####er!

Other news is/was, rac are trying to get vosa to bring into the mot that all the locks must be in good working order to help prevent car thefts,

Was also told there are 16 check points on a number plate!- thats more than the number of checks supposidly done on the brakes.

Roughtrax sent out an email yesterday with all the "new" MOT requirements. Dirt wasnt mentioned, but I suppose it makes some sense. If I was an MOT tester I,d be less than happy If somebody rocked up with their mud coated surf and expected me to somehow check everything through a coating of filth. ( Never happens to shinys)
    Dont know about the RAC/ VOSA and locks but as far as I know locks only keep honest people out so that sounds iffy. The new test regs do however require that all doors can be freely opened from outside.
    I also dont know if there really are 16 points to check on a number plate, but theres going to be a few, regarding size, colour, font, spacing, cleanliness, lighting, placement, post code of maker. They are mostly about "camera, action, control, rather than safety.
    Сви можемо

Comment

Hahaha!! Up yours all you muddy buggers!

Comment

If you have an open top vehicle, how would locks help?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Long live fuddy muckers !!

Comment

Dirty Pic just for Vince
            Attached Files
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Its only reason to wash a truck, to keep the MOT man happy.

There certain people (DANNO!!!) that i've threatened to charge more if they don't make the effort of at least driving through a ford a few time before bringing it up for work.

To be honest the only real changes that are affecting Surfs since the new year is they are being stricter on general underbody rust, they are checking fuel lines for corrosion just like brake lines and trailer sockets must all be working including a fog light connection.

Plus no ABS light on for 3rd Gens.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Last year I got an advisory regarding corroded fuel pipes going down the right hand side of the chassis. He had been looking at the water pipes to the rear heater matrix! They can't know everything but I can't stand the ones who think they do. I've been informed the emissions are an issue after April working toward super clean diesels. Britain will save the world single handed yet!

Comment

Unfortunately you don't really need to be a mechanic to be an MOT tester, just pass an exam.

Consequentially you will get some proper numbties trying to tell you what's right and wrong.

I'm lucky, my MOTs get done by a mate who really knows what he's doing and sees common sense as in "might be loose but even if it fails it can't go any where and do anyone any harm" sort of attitude.

Win, win. He wouldn't let me drive away in anything dangerous but silly trivialities are ignored.

Reasonable money too.

Comment

Working...
                  X