Back box and tail pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back box and tail pipe

Hey all little advice the above have gone rusted at the box and mounts so i be getting to parts from Milner's a lot cheaper (was quoted 260 for tail pipe lol) how hard is it to do? or should i jest pay the local garage to fit them?

One more thing does any1 paint their exhaust's to prolong the life of the system?
    "I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"

Fitting an exhaust ranks as easy in the overall scheme of things, but of course can be a bit harder when bolts are seized. You should do it yourself or at the least buy the bits and get some back street garage to do it. Its bound to be cheaper.

Regarding painting your exhaust. Not worth the bother in my opinion as they tend to corrode from inside as well, but others may have different views.
    Last edited by Bogus; 13 February 2012, 18:16. Reason: added opinion on paint
    Сви можемо

Comment

I've painted the middle and back box and pipework, just as an experiment as to whether it does make any difference, although the one i took off was a genuine toyota item!
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Swapped mine laid under it at the side of the road.

As I recall the hardest thing was getting the rubber hangers back on.

Comment

short of changing a wheel its one of the easiest jobs to do in my opinion
          www.apmautos.com

Comment

what would i need to do the job as cash is tight?

Comment

A decent jack and axle stands and a spanner
              www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
                A decent jack and axle stands and a spanner
                Got thanks guys
                One more thing would it cause low mpg(about 18 around town) and slightly less power?
                Thanks again

Comment

I had a stainless exhaust fitted when mine rotted away in the top of the pipe which went over the back axle, fit and forget with lifetime guarentee.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambobeer View Post
                    Swapped mine laid under it at the side of the road.

As I recall the hardest thing was getting the rubber hangers back on.
                    Squirt WD40 into the holes and they slide onto the hanger with hardly any effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike78 View Post
                      One more thing would it cause low mpg(about 18 around town) and slightly less power?
                      Nope.
                      Low mpg/power could be a number of other things, nothing to do with the exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Squirt WD40 into the holes and they slide onto the hanger with hardly any effort.
                        I used grease! As that was to hand at the time! Apart from the fact i'd run out of WD40
                        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Short answer... cut it back, to somewhere near the exhaust hanger (under the passengers seat)
                          Cheap answer....acquire a bit of bent pipe from scrappy's that fits over it (Transit I believe fits) n side exit it n secure in front of the N/S/R wheel .. job done

10+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
                            I had a stainless exhaust fitted when mine rotted away in the top of the pipe which went over the back axle, fit and forget with lifetime guarentee.

Me too. When it came to it I thought slightly more expensive in the short term but worth it if you're intending to hold onto her for a while, though I know it's not always affordable
                            6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by KeithS View Post
                              Me too. When it came to it I thought slightly more expensive in the short term but worth it if you're intending to hold onto her for a while, though I know it's not always affordable
                              Looking in to the stainless steel from the flexi pipe back £389 from longlife
                              would love one but dont know if i could justify extra £200.

Comment

Working...
                              X