Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lights not working after tinkering

hi guys,

My surf wouldn't start this morning so i figured i would take the day off to figure out why. I fitted an aftermarket stereo and changed my dial to mph and now for some reason my lights dont work, except from head lights on full beam and indicators so any suggestions on this matter welcomed, but im sure it will involve taking the whole dash apart again . And i got it started with easy start in the end but i think the problem is the fuel leak

could i have possibly knocked the fuses that are there somewhere ???? where are they ?, i noticed a few boxes dangling above the pedals ?

Comment

all fuses are in tact, it looks like im gana have to take it all apart again saturday and start from scratch i think.

Comment

Fuel leak?....would that be..

1) diesel?

2) veg oil?

3) bio diesel?
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by shawry87 View Post
          all fuses are in tact,
          Take them out of there and stick them back in the fuse box.
          Last edited by Albannach; 8 February 2012, 23:01.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

If it's the dash lights that aren't working, you ned to take the dash back out and fit all the multi-plugs properly.

Comment

Dash lights, rear lights and diped beam all not working, could that all be behind the dash with the 4 plugs ?, and the leak is straight diesel.

Comment

Ahhh, diesel. I thought so.
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  If it's the dash lights that aren't working, you ned to take the dash back out and fit all the multi-plugs properly.
                  You had this answer..but have asked the same question again. I think Albannach may have meant checking all multi plugs as he said. You seem to have done this before in the veg oil and bio diesel threads. Speed reading may be your biggest problem.....
                  Last edited by Overland Tonka; 9 February 2012, 17:43.
                  .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                    You had this answer..but have asked the same question again. I think Albannach may have meant checking all multi plugs as he said. You seem to have done this before in the veg oil and bio diesel threads. Speed reading may be your biggest problem.....
                    Speed reading has nothing to do with it, I was clearly stating the problems as it is not just the dash light that is out and I was checking that (multi plugs) are the 4 behind the dash. And on that note they are all properly connected. There are a hell of a lot of wires in the stereo area tho, and some are labeled side brake etc so problems could lie here ?

Comment

still no joy

I have taken it all apart and started again.

step 1, removed dial cluster and checked all four multi plugs were in properly.

step 2, removed all unnecessary wires in the stereo department as it was wired for tv, cd changer, sat nav system etc, stuff from japan.

what worries me is some of these wires were labelled L rear, R rear which i assumed was speakers, but then i saw one that was marked side light. surely that cant be good.

so as it stands i have no

rear lights
                      side lights
                      interior dial lights (i have the warning lights)
                      interior gear stick lights (bulb recently changed so can rule that out)
                      buzzer sound when door opens with head lights on.

I have checked the fuses and they all look fine.

Im assuming these lights must all be wired together rite ?

Im at a dead end, mite be a costly trip to the garage at this rate

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                        fixed that for you
                        I've told you before, stay away from me and my posts.

Comment

stupid me

turns out it was just a fuse i somehow managed to miss in the footwell. thank god thats over.

Comment

Working...
                          X