Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyres for spain - please help

Hi,

please help, i need new tyres for my surf and i do not know which to buy.

I live in ibiza spain, where it is hot, but when it rains, it pours!!

I can not by them here, as the prices are ridiculous, so i need to import from UK i imagine.

i need a tyre that performs well in the heat. 90% of the time i drive on tarmac or reasonably ok gravel roads.

i like the look of off road tyres, but think i need to be practible. The tarmac quality here is poor, and in the rain my car slides.

i have been looking at the following tyres, can someone please help

BF GOODRICH TYRES / 4X4 / BF GOODRICH ATKO ALL TERRAIN BFG AT KO - 265/70 R16 LT 117S RWL TL 

MICHELIN TYRES / 4X4 / MICHELIN LATITUDE CROSS - 265/70R16 112H TL

VREDESTEIN TYRES / 4X4 / VREDESTEIN WINTRAC4 XTREME VREDESTEIN WINTRAC 4 XTREME - 265/70R16 112H TL

GOODYEAR TYRES / 4X4 / GOODYEAR WRANGLER AT/SA - 265/70R16 112T TL

HANKOOK TYRES / 4X4 / HANKOOK RF10 DYNAPRO ATM HANKOOK RF 10 - 265/70 R16 LT 117R TL

DUNLOP TYRES / 4X4 / DUNLOP GRANDTREK AT3 DUNLOP GRAND TREK AT 3 - 265/70R16 112T OWL TL

DUNLOP TYRES / 4X4 / DUNLOP GRANDTREK TG35 DUNLOP GRAND TREK TG 35 - 265/70R16 112H TL

BRIDGESTONE TYRES / 4X4 / BRIDGESTONE D689 DUELER HT BRIDGESTONE D 689 - 265/70R16 112S (SZ) RBT TL
(Toyota Land Cruiser)

COOPER TYRES / WINTER SNOW 4X4 / COOPER DISCOVERER M+S2 - 265/70R16 112T TL

BRIDGESTONE TYRES / 4X4 / BRIDGESTONE D689 DUELER HT BRIDGESTONE D 689 - 265/70R16 112H TL

I've got Maxxis 751 I think the number is, all terrain tires, they've been on the car for 15000 miles or so by now and look as good as when they went on, they grip well on everything dry or wet and cost £80 each at the time, a bargain as far as I'm concerned. H

Comment

I've got to go with Hazzo here, the
      Maxxis 751 Bravo, has good road manners,
      and it's OK in snow, and off road too, quite
      a bit more expensive than £80.00 now tho'.

Hope this helps.

Gman.
      If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

When I was last in Spain I saw loads of Nissan Patrols that looked well used and abused. If I was you I'd have a look at what the locals are using and go for something similar.

I took my truck down to Granada and back a few years ago on General Grabber AT's and they were fine. Dunno what constant heat and sunlight would do to them though.

Comment

When I lived in the heat, I had a Nissan Patrol with Bridgestone Desert Duellers on, they lasted for ever and had a fair bit of hammer over "rock roads" and handled the occasional deluge OK, although to be fair all the tarred roads were like ice rinks after rain and everybody had to exercise caution
          Last edited by Bogus; 29 January 2012, 09:37.
          Сви можемо

Comment

When I was last in Spain in Calpe I saw loads of Nissan cars. You'd better have a look at what the locals are using and go for something similar. We spend a wonderful time in Spain. Beautiful nature and climate. If you're going to visit Calpe, I can give you to link to the best apartments: apartments in Calpe. The rates are less as compared to hotels.

Comment

I have a whole set of 31's for 15 rims...brand new but never got to fit them, if interested pm & will shove them on the for sale bit so the forum gets a little back
              The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Working...
              X