Fuel warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel warning light

3 litre...Gen 2 autobox,.... After the fuel warning light comes on,anyone a rough idea how much fuel is left in the tank ????

Hi Al,

When I drained my old 3 litre before scrapping it gave me over 30 litres. I'm pretty sure it was showing just above empty. Not much help but it is more than you'd think.

My new 3.0 has just had the light go on and has no axles at the moment so if I get a chance I'll drain the tank and see how much comes out (I'd like to know too )

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
      3 litre...Gen 2 autobox,.... After the fuel warning light comes on,anyone a rough idea how much fuel is left in the tank ????
      Should be at least a couple of gallons left, I once went for 35 miles "motorway" with the light on & managed to get to a garage with no trouble.

I wouldn't recommend doing on a regular basis though.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
        Hi Al,

When I drained my old 3 litre before scrapping it gave me over 30 litres. I'm pretty sure it was showing just above empty. Not much help but it is more than you'd think.

My new 3.0 has just had the light go on and has no axles at the moment so if I get a chance I'll drain the tank and see how much comes out (I'd like to know too )

Rob.
        30 litres, that's nearly half a tank.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          30 litres, that's nearly half a tank.
          Yep well over a jerrycans worth (Drained into a B&Q red bucket then poured into jerrycan once bucket full) Maybe the fuel gauge is as accurate as the temp one ?

If I get time I'll do my 3.0 over the weekend..

Rob.

Comment

It takes 15 litres of fuel (unleaded in my case) to extingish the low fuel light of a bone dry tank.
            But due to all the baffles and anti-slosh compartments in there, the pick up tube will never suck out every last drop.
            When the light comes on solid i.e. not flickering, you've got a comfortable 20 miles left before the truck splutters to a halt.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              When the light comes on solid i.e. not flickering, you've got a comfortable 20 miles left before the truck splutters to a halt.
              Depending how heavy your right foot is, or how many hills on the way to fill up! .......in my case, 1 hill too many........

Comment

Fuel warning light

Thanks all,I ask because over last weekend I forgot to fill up(again),cleared the trip meter when I noticed the flicker and did 30 klics before a garage loomed into view,as Bushwhacker said,its around 20 miles so its my own fault if I did run out.

Rob,how you doing,if you do drain your tank I would be grateful if you let me know,my problem is I am tighter than two coats of paint and always seem to be running on fumes before I fill up,Alan

Comment

I wasn't sure of the tank size so I thought i would run it out (with a 10 LTR. can on board) to see how much it holds. I ran out of courage after 30 clicks with a solid light on. When I filled it I got 55 LTR.s in there, so I assume there was 10 left?

Normally get 380-400 clicks out of a full tank, that day I got 420 before filling.

Comment

What is a 'click'? Is there something wrong with your odometer?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      What is a 'click'? Is there something wrong with your odometer?
                      It's cockney rhyming slang...

Click = Chick
                      Chick Pea = Sea
                      Sea Dog = Frog
                      Frog's Leg = Peg
                      Peggy sue = Poo
                      Poo Bear = Fair
                      Fair Ground = Round
                      Round File = Mile

See?
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Sammyk View Post
                        I wasn't sure of the tank size so I thought i would run it out (with a 10 LTR. can on board) to see how much it holds. I ran out of courage after 30 clicks with a solid light on. When I filled it I got 55 LTR.s in there, so I assume there was 10 left?

Normally get 380-400 clicks out of a full tank, that day I got 420 before filling.
                        Isn't a 'klick' a military term for 1,000m (1km) ?

Comment

Yep....lol

Comment

I assumed his odometer was really loud.

Comment

Working...
                            X