Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Installation

Hi all

I need some help! I have decided to fit air con to my 4Runner, and I have started accumulating all the bits, but I don't have much of an idea of how it should all look once I have put it in. Does any one have any pictures of the engine bay of a 3.0L with air con that I could look at?

I also need some more bits - a compressor (but not the bracket, I've got that bit), some piping (I've got some, but not all), and part of the wiring, specifically the bit from under the dash to the heat exchanger that goes inside the car, and the bit from the fuse box in the engine bay to the compressor.

If there is any one in the Biggin Hill/ Addington/ Croydon area that has a 3.0L with air con who would be willing to let me have a look at it, that would help me a lot.

Any help would be much appreciated.

NeillOP

Originally posted by NeillOP
    Hi all

I need some help! I have decided to fit air con to my 4Runner, and I have started accumulating all the bits, but I don't have much of an idea of how it should all look once I have put it in. Does any one have any pictures of the engine bay of a 3.0L with air con that I could look at?

I also need some more bits - a compressor (but not the bracket, I've got that bit), some piping (I've got some, but not all), and part of the wiring, specifically the bit from under the dash to the heat exchanger that goes inside the car, and the bit from the fuse box in the engine bay to the compressor.

If there is any one in the Biggin Hill/ Addington/ Croydon area that has a 3.0L with air con who would be willing to let me have a look at it, that would help me a lot.

Any help would be much appreciated.

NeillOP
    Let me know how you get on with this. It's something I've been toying with for a while now but am unsure of what is exactly is involved.
    What's the cost factor???
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

Hi Rusty

So far I've spent about fifty quid, and I've got the condensor, the evaporator, the filter, the compressor bracket with idler, the on/off switch, a relay and a fusible link, and some pipes. I still need some important bits, mainly the compressor, but also some wiring. Once it is all installed it should be about £70 for the gas and leak test.

My system might not be as flash as the Toyota one, in that it might not have the 'idle up' feature (where the revs increase when you switch the air con on), or the cut out when the gas pressure gets low after a few years, but I think I can get it to work. The more you look into it, the less scary it all seems.

I'll keep you posted, and maybe take some pictures.

NeillOP

Comment

Working...
      X