Emergancy Help Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergancy Help Needed!

Hi to all, and hope your festivities have gone well.

I am in a bit of a predicament in that I wanted to change my rear shocks and springs this weekend. Only trouble is one of the springs I bought (eBay) is the wrong type. Both light blue in colour but the off side one is too small in its internal diameter! It's slightly taller than the NS one But thinner?? It won't fit over the cone on the chassis or on the seat at the axle!

Unfortunately I have it in pieces and an immobilised daily drive is a poop! Is there anyone in the Slough area that has a pair around (I will replace or buy off you) as my parts man is shut this weekend and RT and Milners will take a while for post.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

This might be a stupid pointless reply, if so I apologise in advance, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the left and right spring are different sizes so maybe you have the correct ones. Have you compared the old with the new ?

Comment

Just found on roughtrax site ... "The taller of the 2 springs is always fitted to the drivers side" HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
        Just found on roughtrax site ... "The taller of the 2 springs is always fitted to the drivers side" HTH
        I'm guessing this just applies to second gens as the rear springs I bought from R-Trax were the same size.

Edit:
        Panic over, just looked on R-Trax site & it is just the 2nd gens that have wonky springs.
        Last edited by si tate; 31 December 2011, 18:03.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I guess us 2nd gen owners are fatter

Comment

Gas tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Ploddit View Post
              Gas tank.
              Thought it was on the passenger side like a tird gen.

Im going with balllsy's answer.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Toyota springs are taller on the off side to account for the fuel tank, however the off side spring I have is smaller in its internal diameter.

Comment

Hi Sam
                  Can't help with the springs I'm afraid but if ya fancy a pint to discuss spring & shock changing - ours has developed a saggy, bouncy arse - we're about 10 mins from Burnham. Regular watering hole is the Royal Standard, Littleworth Common, near Odds Farm.
                  How much of a ####### job is the spring change?
                  Dave

Comment

Not difficult at all, however, if you want to do the shocks as well (which you should if you dont know when last done) it's a tiny little bit tricky if it's got the origina Toyota shocks on. That's because it will still have the motor caps on top and access is rationed around around that area. I'd be glad to help out. I know the Standard, when you in next?

Comment

All done, new springs in with shocks as well. I'm getting on top of the list now. Just the snorkel, tailgate and a bar left to sort.

Comment

Working...
                      X