roof racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof racks

Hi there, I have just got a 3.0 surf ssrx and I am looking to put a full length roof rack on top , can anyone give my advice as to where I can get one. All th eones I have seen only got as far as the rear doors.
    thanx all

I think they only go that far because they rest on bars that attach to the doors
    the surf has no gutters or roof rails to fit a rack to so if they went further than that they would be hanging in mid air.

Mine has a roof tray on it that is made for the Surf (it still only covers 2/3rds of the roof) and it rests on big rubber feet that fit in the channels down the side of the roof (it actually sits on the rear 2/3rds of the roof rather than the front.)

I got it from a Surf importer who had taken it off one of his. It is very strong and you can stand on it without a problem so you could probably get more on it than a full length roof rack on bars.

If you want full legth you may have to drill the roof and fit roof rails or gutters
    [color=darkorange]
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Nick
    1994 3L Turbo. Manual. SSR-X Limited[/size][/font]
    [/color]

Comment

Thanks for the info, maybe I will have to make my own. I thought that was the reason, but by the look of yours I now know that the rear roof section is plenty strong enough to take the weight. Thanks for the pic.

Comment

Working...
      X