Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver Side Electric Window

Hi Guys,

My Driver side Electric Window has stopped working, all of the others are ok,

Am I correct in thinking that I can swop switches with one of the Rear ones, ( it appears that the switch is faulty as everything else works)

If so how easy is this to do? ( I have the mechanical aptitude of Mr Bean!!)

I would like to do this at the weekend if possible, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated,

Many Thanks,

Mark.
    Entered this world with nothing, ain't got much of it left.

I'm sure the driver's master switch will have a different plug than any of the other window switches, due to all the extra wires for the other 3 windows going into that one switch panel. Check your fuses, some cars have seperate fuses for each power window.
    '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ian,

Will check the fuse, but the switch is 'clicking'.

Just spoke to Roughtrax, they have no idea and don't stock anything to do with electric windows.

Just been quoted £95 + vat for a replacement switch panel,

There must be a cheaper option out there somewhere, do any of the breakers know or have a switch / panel for sale please,

As always any help / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.
      Entered this world with nothing, ain't got much of it left.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy 69 View Post
        Thanks for the reply Ian,

Will check the fuse, but the switch is 'clicking'.

Just spoke to Roughtrax, they have no idea and don't stock anything to do with electric windows.

Just been quoted £95 + vat for a replacement switch panel,

There must be a cheaper option out there somewhere, do any of the breakers know or have a switch / panel for sale please,

As always any help / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.
        The switch "clicking" is a physical property of the switch, it doesn't mean the power is getting to the window motor if the fuse if blown. Does the window try to move at all when you hit the switch? Fuses are cheap, and easy to change. Switch panels are expensive, do the easy things 1st.
        '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

known fault on Yaris's (had it twice) some electronic component for the drivers window switch dies.

Looks pretty similar to a surf one.

Contact the breakers in the relevant section.

IIRC one fuse for all, maybe worth wobbling the loom with the door open to check its not a broken wire first.

Comment

Just fixed this and it is a common fault...the loom in the door jam causes the wires to break...Hi TonyN.......fitted a loom from another surf..had a look at my loom and the broken wire was staring at me!... Doh!

My window would work if the door was open at the right angle.....anyway it's worth a look.....that's where my guess is.
            Last edited by Overland Tonka; 8 September 2011, 18:48.
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Just for info - I had a similar problem with mine. Took the switch assembly out of the door and opened it up. The contacts inside were covered in a sooty residue. Gave em a good clean and a bit of lube and voila, problem solved.

Comment

Working...
              X