How do I lock the front propshaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I lock the front propshaft?

I am just doing a service on the 3.0 TD (KZN130) and was hoping to take off the pan from the gearbox to clean out the filter but I could not gain access to 3 back bolts due to the prop-shaft. I guess I have to undo and move shaft out of the way to do this, but the bolts are very tight on the prop and don't want to put strain on the internals gears. is there a way to lock this prop off so that I can give the bolts some grief. thanks
    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Originally posted by Diesel Turbo View Post
    I am just doing a service on the 3.0 TD (KZN130) and was hoping to take off the pan from the gearbox to clean out the filter but I could not gain access to 3 back bolts due to the prop-shaft. I guess I have to undo and move shaft out of the way to do this, but the bolts are very tight on the prop and don't want to put strain on the internals gears. is there a way to lock this prop off so that I can give the bolts some grief. thanks
    Just put it in gear or park, into 4wd with the lever and if it's in the air, put the handbrake on, or leave one set of wheels on the ground. You swinging on a spanner, won't cause any damage to the internals.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Plug View Post
      Just put it in gear or park, into 4wd with the lever and if it's in the air, put the handbrake on, or leave one set of wheels on the ground. You swinging on a spanner, won't cause any damage to the internals.....
      ahh thanks m8
      NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Working...
      X