Air Filter Housing - Is There A Part Misssing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Filter Housing - Is There A Part Misssing

i have a 1994 3.0td surf, just above the air filter housing there is a hole sucking air in with nothing attached, is this normal or is there something missing?
    2nd Gen 3.0td, running on waste veg oil

There is something missing! a photo would be good but I'm guessing there should be a sensor in the hole
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
      There is something missing! a photo would be good but I'm guessing there should be a sensor in the hole

your wish is my command lol, it was too dark last night.

CLICKY 1

CLICKY 2
      Last edited by Surf_MoFo; 13 July 2011, 08:50.

Comment

I have a two wire sensor in mine. looks like air temp or pressure to me.

Inlet air temp apparently:

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199...KMQT_1703.html

Comment

I bet it's hanging from it's wire somewhere in the area!
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Cheers guys, ill have a look for it hanging later on, it has not been running well and engine light coming on so I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Comment

It's for the air temp sensor as previously mentioned
              I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks guys, just had a look and its hanging down under one of the air filter housing lower brackets, so it did not just fall out, ill need to unbolt the bracket to free it and plug it in.

ill see if it solves the bad running i have been experiencing.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf_MoFo View Post
                  thanks guys, just had a look and its hanging down under one of the air filter housing lower brackets, so it did not just fall out, ill need to unbolt the bracket to free it and plug it in.

ill see if it solves the bad running i have been experiencing.
                  If that sensor has been hanging loose in the engine bay, it may be dirty and contaminated and need to be cleaned or replaced.
                  '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

Originally posted by IanB2 View Post
                    If that sensor has been hanging loose in the engine bay, it may be dirty and contaminated and need to be cleaned or replaced.
                    ITS CETAINLY IN NEED OF A CLEAN BUT IT LOOKS QUITE STURDY, I hope its ok, it was not rattling around it was quite secure where it was hidding lol

Comment

It happens alot, people forget to push it back in after changing the air filter.

Its only a air temp sensor, so whether it is in its hole or loose it dosn't really effect how the motors runs. Unless a wire is broken or the sensor is unplugged from its socket you don't normally get an engine check light or even notice it.

More danger from sucking dust in hole, as its after the air filter.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                        It happens alot, people forget to push it back in after changing the air filter.

Its only a air temp sensor, so whether it is in its hole or loose it dosn't really effect how the motors runs. Unless a wire is broken or the sensor is unplugged from its socket you don't normally get an engine check light or even notice it.

More danger from sucking dust in hole, as its after the air filter.
                        cheers for the info, that was my thoughts too.

the bad running has started recently after running it on veg, it lost power and broke down.

i changed the fuel filter, drained the tank, rinsed tank with 3L of petrol, filled up with 10L diesel only, primed the fuel filter, it jump started quite easily. It drove for 2m and on the way home it lost power and got home very slowly indeed, it was idling poorly and was very lumpy when revved.

someone suggested the strainer in the tank could be blocked also to check the small filter at the pump inlet.

the joys of veg oil lol

Comment

Working...
                        X