oil leak and creaking ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak and creaking ??

Well up till now my surf has had 3 years of tourble free motoring with a 1994 kzn130
    Other day i noticed 2 problems

1) it has got a oil leak form looks like 2 places 1) turbo return pipe to block is this common? and also some gizmos at top of rear of rocker which seem to leak down passed inlet throttle body took some quick pics on phone

problem 2) when on full lock i get like a graiting / goaning and ticking noise but only on full full lock any ideas? cv joints been checked and no play in ive had the car on a ramp and will not make the noise when jacked up and wheels free locking it over bafling me

Puts some grease or copper slip on the steering bump stops. That will stop the grating sound. Very common fault. As for the other someone a bit more o fay on the mechanics will answer that one

Comment

Nice one ill try that with the greese

Comment

tried greasing them up and still makes noise on full lock under load manouvering

no bodyknow what the gadgets are at top that may be leaking oil?

Comment

The VSV valves get a bit mucky, just remove, clean and put them back on.
          If you remove the inlet manifold it will most likely be full of crud, a couple of hours will remove and clean it if you want to.
          I think doing the EGR blanking mod helps this problem.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Hi SurfH

I surprised the greasing did not cure the noise

heres a link for what I thought it maybe

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ing+bump+stops

There are 4 stops to grease. If you checked all of this my apologises.
            If not this its probably a CV joint.

Comment

Turbo oil pipes on the 3Ltr often crack so need replacing. Not a fun job from what I have heard.

The other may be rocker cover gasket or leaking from the crank case breather.

Nev

Comment

Working...
              X