Gearstick mod for bodylift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearstick mod for bodylift?

Is there another way other than the method shown here - http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/bodylift.htm

Surely lengthening the stick by 50mm will make changing gear even slower because of the extra travel? I haven't pulled apart the interior yet to inspect, but is lengthening neccessary or can I modify the transmission tunnel or something?

Morning Bimmaman.

This is the same page I did my bodylift from. I did exactly that with the stick, if ya know what ya doin it's p1ss easy (I had a mate cut n weld it cos I've no idea) but only took him like 10mins. No I don't think that makes the slight bit of difference to gear changes, it's not exactly an R8 on Silverstone!!

The other option is butcher the body where it comes though from gearbox, which I didn't want to do.

Simple either way dude
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Thsat was the guide I used as well but didn't bother modding the gearstick or butchering (tweaking) the tunnel.

After running the truck for a few days after the lift I found it would jump out of 2nd and 4th whenever it felt like it

Took the gaiters and retaining plate off and inverted the lower one before putting the gaiters back on. Was about to modify the tunnel when I realised that the retaining plate mounting holes didn't appear to be equally spaced from the ends.

Rotated plate by 180 degrees and refixed uing original holes and it's worked fine for the ever since.

Tto be honest the gearstick height feels much better IMO

Comment

Working...
      X