starter moter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter moter

every now and again the starter motor sounds to over run,just a few secs,been advised to take it out and oil it.does this sound ok and has anyone else had this.thanks

Take it out and fix it (repair kit from RT). Taking it out to oil something isn't a proper solution.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

starter motor

Hi
      did mine the other week got the kit from RT and it took 30 mins from start to finish.
      well worth it and such a difference

Comment

Originally posted by s-dawson View Post
        Hi
        did mine the other week got the kit from RT and it took 30 mins from start to finish.
        well worth it and such a difference

You did well removing the starter, fitting the new kit, replacing the starter in 30 mins.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

starter

hi
          me too buy it had been off before so everything was not seized.
          i think it must have been the easiest thing i have ever done on the truck.

Comment

just noticed you have a gen 3, must have better access, the gen 2's can be a bugger.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Mine was a bit of a pain, but not hard.

Took me about 1.5hours start to finish with a nicely bleeding knuckle.

Comment

If you are desperate

If you are desperate and the starter wont connect AND you have some 15mm copper pipe.

Just flatten it, file it, drill it and bend it, you can make your own kit.
                Works a treat BUT a kit is much better if you can wait for one to arrive.

Mind you once you have done this you wont feel like taking it out a second time to put a kit in.

Mine is still in 9 months later still works though.
                John

Comment

Working...
                X