Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will these wheels be suitable?

Hi,

I'm looking at replacing the wheels on my narrow bodied KZN185. Found these on Ebay.

I know wide-bodied surfs come with a 16" rim and 265/70R16 tyres as standard, but it seems the narrow bodies come with 15" rims.

Question is: will these 15"x8.5J rims on Ebay fit OK? Looking to fit a 31x10.50 class tyre. Main concern is offsets, and how much they may poke out the side of the arch

Other option is to move to a 16" rim and 265/70 fitment.

Advice appreciated!

DB

I think unless you have got the early 3rd gen (changeover from 2nd gen) all the kzn185's will have the 16" rims.There's no difference to rim size on the narrow body and wide body.The rim size is to do with the bigger drums and disc and calipers on the 3rd gens compared to the 2nd gens
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

31X10.5s are better fitted to a 7" rim especially if you go offroad and even more important if you air down the tyres at any time.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        I think unless you have got the early 3rd gen (changeover from 2nd gen) all the kzn185's will have the 16" rims.There's no difference to rim size on the narrow body and wide body.The rim size is to do with the bigger drums and disc and calipers on the 3rd gens compared to the 2nd gens
        Yup - one of the very early 3rd gens. I'm happy to go up to a 16" rim, most are 8J at this size, and fit a 265/70 tyre. My truck has 15" at present, and from research suggests 15" on this model KZN185 is the size shipped from the factory. Although I will bow to greater knowledge.......

It may not matter anyway, as I've got the Roughtrax 2" suspension lift kit in my hallway waiting for Tony to fit (next week hopefully - subject to finding the diary eh Tony!!!).

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtbag1402 View Post
          Yup - one of the very early 3rd gens. I'm happy to go up to a 16" rim, most are 8J at this size, and fit a 265/70 tyre. My truck has 15" at present, and from research suggests 15" on this model KZN185 is the size shipped from the factory. Although I will bow to greater knowledge.......

It may not matter anyway, as I've got the Roughtrax 2" suspension lift kit in my hallway waiting for Tony to fit (next week hopefully - subject to finding the diary eh Tony!!!).
          You will be ok to fit 16" then.You can fit 15" on your model but the later 3rd gens you can't so as you say yours has got them already it won't matter if you go 15 or 16"
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

-35 is a fair old offset. They might stick out a bit from the narrow body.
            Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
              -35 is a fair old offset. They might stick out a bit from the narrow body.
              Which is the potential 'worry'. I did find this which is someone putting 15x7J alloys and 31" tyres on a narrow body (pics at the bottom show how much the stick out) but there is no mention on the spec of alloy and hence the offset.

Well it looks like it'll have to be the Astral then. +10 offset on these. However there is a UK wide shortage on alloy wheels, something to do with China..........

Comment

what is the offset on your current wheels?
                Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                  what is the offset on your current wheels?
                  To be honest I don't know. I will find out how to measure though. They're just the wheels it came with, fitted by previous owner.

Comment

Working...
                  X