oil pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure

just left for home and after about a mile or so the oil light came on, wont go out and i can hear that the engine is getting noisier, towed back to the workshop, any thoughts. oil and filter changed 300 miles ago, been no problems, any issues with oil pumps/drives? didnt even get my friday pint at the local and had a disco recover me

Originally posted by kpautos View Post
    just left for home and after about a mile or so the oil light came on, wont go out and i can hear that the engine is getting noisier, towed back to the workshop, any thoughts. oil and filter changed 300 miles ago, been no problems, any issues with oil pumps/drives? didnt even get my friday pint at the local and had a disco recover me
    What makes the filter?? Had this on an Isuzu a couple of months ago. Changed the filter again and all was good.

Comment

thanks for the reply, will change later today but not holding out much hope, its as if the oil pump/drive has packed up or release valve gone u/s, will post more when i find out.

Comment

Does the light for oil refer to pressure or level on the third generation. Do they have an oil pressure gauge? Did you check oil level? Maybe it leaked out because of loose filter???????

Nev

Comment

no external oil leaks, oil at max on dipstick, mystery till its apart i should think

Comment

fault found, failed oil filter causing oil starvation, turbo broken, may be other damage.

Comment

fault found, failed oil filter causing oil starvation, turbo broken, may be other damage.
              Oh that sucks! What kind of filter was it so I can avoid them?
              '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

Time to contact the oil filter supplier!

Comment

Aftermarket Problems..............

Sorry to hear about your oil filter problem!It would be interesting to know what the make of the filter is,and I would definitely take the supplier to task over this!Ive bought these service packs my self,and just checked my oil filter,there is no name at all on it!I think in the future maybe it would pay us all to use genuine Toyota ones?Everything else,particularly Timing Belts Tensioners etc I always go with Genuine,but hearing this makes me want to buy everything Genuine!There was someone on ebay selling a rebuild kit for the CT12 turbos?is it not worth checking this out?

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                    Does the light for oil refer to pressure or level on the third generation. Do they have an oil pressure gauge? Did you check oil level? Maybe it leaked out because of loose filter???????

Nev
                    Just a pressure light on 3rd Gen Surf Nev.

Personally I'm happy with the aftermarket filters I use, be interested to how it failed, if the rolled join was no good it would leak and you'd see it after fitting and checking after a test drive (seen this once), if it was blocked then the bypass valve lets oil back into the motor.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Oil filter failed in what way? Most vehicles are equiped with bypass valves, so oil is still available to the engine, in the event of a blocked oil filter.

Nev

Comment

oil pressure

quick update, since the problem occured i can let you know what has happened, the filter "insides" were "loose" and as a result the oil pressure sucked the paper filtering material into the centre of the filter and blocked it causing loss of oil pressure and turbo failier almost instantly, i went back to my supplier and he in turn got the chief honcho form the filter company out to my workshop to see for himself, once he could see that i was genuine i was given the go ahead to try and start a repair.
                        At no cost to myself i was supplied with a brand new in the box genuine toyota turbo and all oils ect plus anew cambelt kit as well, this i fitted and then 3 days later decieded to use the surf for my easter holiday to cornwall a round trip of 1100 miles, this i thought would be about as good a test as i could do!
                        The vehicle[touch wood] has been 100% and has completed another 500 miles since.
                        I wont get into the make as that could cause all sorts of hassle but i can say that i have continued useing them with no qualmes[spelling?], the best thing is to use trusted suppliers with some kind of back up- i normally only fit genuine parts if requested by the customer.
                        ps the supplier found another faulty filter[same part number] and withdrew them from sale- they were direct from a japanese factory. hope that makes sense and that it never happens to me-as a garage owner or indeed to any of you!

Comment

Thanks for the update, glad to hear they looked after you!
                          '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

Working...
                          X