yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Recaros fitted as std in US 4Runners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Recaros fitted as std in US 4Runners?

Guys,
    Just wondering if all US 4Runners come fitted with Recaros? I was thinking of getting Leather or faux leather covers from the US to fit mine, but obviously, if the seats differ, I would be up the creek.....again....

Thnx

Originally posted by ChasesDragons
    Guys,
    Just wondering if all US 4Runners come fitted with Recaros? I was thinking of getting Leather or faux leather covers from the US to fit mine, but obviously, if the seats differ, I would be up the creek.....again....

Thnx
    From the pics I've seen, I certainly don't think many of them have Recaro's.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thnx Morr,
      It might be worth a gamble, if I can source one from somewhere CHEAP.

Do you know if the internals of the Surfs were all that depressive grey? - I mean the plastics liek the window inlays, the dash etc? I was thinking of using a Vinyl dye to try and turn it black, or get an upholsterer to cover them all in black leather/leatherette......but then again, might wait until this brain fever breaks.....

Comment

Why not log on to http://www.yotatech.com/ and ask the question there (US Toyota forum - lots of 4Runner stuff)
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by ChasesDragons
          Thnx Morr,
          It might be worth a gamble, if I can source one from somewhere CHEAP.

Do you know if the internals of the Surfs were all that depressive grey? - I mean the plastics liek the window inlays, the dash etc? I was thinking of using a Vinyl dye to try and turn it black, or get an upholsterer to cover them all in black leather/leatherette......but then again, might wait until this brain fever breaks.....
          Mine's got blue vinyl interior, but I'm with you on the black, for me its the best and only color for any vehicle, inside and out. I've also toyed with the idea of vinylkoting the interior of mine but I'm just too lazy.....

Which Gen Surf do you have? (If you fill in the details in your profile we won't have to guess) Streetluge Chris was selling a set of leather Surf covers, for the 3rd Gen I think.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

The American 2nd generation seats are exactly the same as the JDM ones and the most common colour is grey but there are also brown and beige versions of the standard interior.

I buy LHD dashes and steering parts from the US and the American market dash panels are not just a reversed version of the RHD ones, the steering column shrouds and the drivers side under-dash panel are slightly different

Comment

Thnx for the excellent advice, as usual guys.

Profile has been dutifully updated!
              Attached Files

Comment

and of course there's the lovely red interior which everyone loves!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Mine has a nice blue interior.

Comment

Roight,
                    Thnx to the good advice delivered, I've got meself some covers. Gimme some time and I will post up some before and afters.

My little car is gonna be here tomorrow apparently, its going to make my Landie so jealous :P

Warmest Regards
                    Udhi

Comment

Working...
                    X