!!!!!! noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!!!! noise

can anyone advise me on the odd squeeling noise my 95 3.0l auto is emitting from somewhere beneath the gear sticks. Makes the noise intermittently when hot and cold, moving and at idle. Had a good look under and cant locate it, am a bit stumped. Also had a quote for a new radiator, coming in at a hefty 500 quid fitted. Is this about right or what. Off touring norway in 4 weeks so i need this car to be right. Cheers for any advice.

Can't help with the sqeek but for the rad try Milners Off Road
    or Rough Trax 4x4
    Cheers Chris
    GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Price seems steep! Even for Genuine Toyota.

Noise could be a dodgy UJ at the Transfer case end. Other ways, check your gearbox and Transfer case oil levels.

Does it do it in any particular gear?
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

it usually does it in the lower gears, but it is intermittent. can you explain uv joint?? cheers mate.

Comment

Noise!!!!!!!

Did you ever cure the noise on your surf as mine has exactly the same noise i would be very greatfull for any help on this.
          [COLOR=Red]THE RIBBLE REBEL[/COLOR]

Comment

got my replacement radiator from roughtrax, they do a recon exchange for about 180:00 quid, well packaged, looked like new..they give you a couple of weeks to get yours back to them, so not a rush..fitted mine myself, which to me, is a big deal, cause i aint ever fitted nothing to a car before!! the guys on here gave me all the tips, it went like a dream....drain old rad..undo bottom half of plastic cowling over fan, disconnect the pipes, auto-box cooler and coolant, sticking a bolt in the auto box pipe..then 4 bolts later and the whole thing just lifts out!!..even managed to flush the block and stick a new stat in too.

Comment

Working...
            X