Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfin Virgin!

Hi All,
    I am new to this site and to Toyotas the only 4x4s iv'e owned have been British ie Range Rovers 'sorry for swearing'Anyway i drove my first Surf last week a 2.4 auto and i was smitten, i have since driven a 1995 Surf 3.0 SSRX LTD and i thought that's the model for me.Anyway to get to the point i hopefully pick the motor up end of next week it is spotless and looks new no rust any where.The car is very responsive i was very suprised on how well it goes for a diesel let alone automatic so i bought it.It has 70,000miles on the clock it is white with chrome bumpers no dents or dings the interior is also mint lovely.Could anyone tell me if this a particularly rare model being LTD? also any servicing tips ie what's the best fluids to use etc etc, i will service the car myself nobodies gettin there greasy mitts on it except me! Again if there are any do's or don't's i should know about from all you knowledgables out there please let me know any little morsels of info relating to the 3.0 please let me know.
    Cheers,
    Chas.

manual

http://www.diverseitsolutions.com/t...sManual1994.pdf

TRY THAT, SORRY CAN`T SPELL, ALSO COLOUR BLIND
    Last edited by mtber; 14 July 2004, 07:44. Reason: spelling
    Rick

Comment

Hi,
      Seems like there is a problem with the link but thanks all the same.
      Cheers,
      Chas.

Comment

Originally posted by cbv8
        Hi All,
        I am new to this site and to Toyotas the only 4x4s iv'e owned have been British ie Range Rovers 'sorry for swearing'Anyway i drove my first Surf last week a 2.4 auto and i was smitten, i have since driven a 1995 Surf 3.0 SSRX LTD and i thought that's the model for me.Anyway to get to the point i hopefully pick the motor up end of next week it is spotless and looks new no rust any where.The car is very responsive i was very suprised on how well it goes for a diesel let alone automatic so i bought it.It has 70,000miles on the clock it is white with chrome bumpers no dents or dings the interior is also mint lovely.Could anyone tell me if this a particularly rare model being LTD? also any servicing tips ie what's the best fluids to use etc etc, i will service the car myself nobodies gettin there greasy mitts on it except me! Again if there are any do's or don't's i should know about from all you knowledgables out there please let me know any little morsels of info relating to the 3.0 please let me know.
        oil changes every 3000miles filter is quoted every 6000 but most here agree you should change both at the same time. Can't see the point of changing oil
        and leaving the old filter in.
        Most if not all agree its a good idea to flush out the cooling system and refill yourself with coolant, you know its done for sure then.
        No its not a particularly rare model bieng a LTD quite a few on here have
        SSRX LTD's.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Working...
        X