Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel flap release - help!

Hi Guys,
    Pulled up at the fuel station today and I couldn't open the fuel flap.

I pulled the black release thingy under the dashboard but nothing. I am thinking that maybe the cable has stretched? A builder guy tried to help by pulling the wire within the cable too but no luck.

So has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? Is there a way of opening the fuel flap manually?

KZN185

Cheryl

Could be the cable has snapped, odd but could happen.

If so you can get them open with a small screw driver, if it was a case of fill or not get another mile I would have done.

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

could be just gunked up. spray some wd40 in there once its open play with the button and spray the hell out of it
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Thanks so much for the replies. I will have to force the flap open as you say- with a screwdriver because the car needs filling up today.

I thought that if the cable was broken then when we tried pulling the cable then it would of just pulled out straight away?

I'm hoping that its just full of gunk or maybe water has got into it and perhaps its frozen?

I will let you know the outcome .

c

Comment

Did your bonnet open?
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

ooohh

The bonnet has released but I can't open it. Now I cant shut it either.

mmmm....

I've managed to open the fuel flap with a small screwdriver. The spring release thingy seems ok so Ive loosened the nut so its gone back in a bit further. This way I can manually open the fuel flap now until it gets repaired.

Back to the bonnet release now. I've had to really slam the bonnet down to get it to close.

I'm thinking that both cables are frozen?

c
            Last edited by beach surfer; 5 January 2011, 17:26.

Comment

Is it that cold down there??

I think you may need a general application of grease in various places!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

mine stuck once, the little spring bit just needed bending out a bit to give it more oomph, got the missus to hold the release handle while I opened the flap. H

Comment

Working...
                X