Adjustable suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable suspension

Being a new surf owner I am still getting to grips with all the stuff. I have read here various bits about adjustable suspension. I have 95 SSR X Ltd 3.0 TD. The ride seems quite hard in comparison to other 4WDs I have driven in the past. I cannae see a swith to change the suspension setting anywhere. How would I find out if the suspension has been modified and stiffend, and also am I missing where the switch to adjust the suspension is. There is not one next to the Idle Up Button.

Not all surfs have adjustable suspension, but if yours did have it the switch should be near the idle up button, it could have stiffer shocks fitted which would do away with the hard/soft switch and maybe it's been blanked off.

Comment

The adjustable suspension is an optional item. If your Surf doesn't have it, go get Rancho RS9000 shocks with the in-cab adjuster. It's a lot better with its 9 settings (it can be fine tuned with intermediate settings) compared to the Surf's 3 settings. With the RS9000, you can adjust the front independently of the rear and vice versa.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtar
        There is not one next to the Idle Up Button.
        SOmetimes its on the center consol, by the rear window switch.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X