Gear Box Leaking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Box Leaking.

I phoned Toyota to order a seal, the guy says there are many seals on the gearbox. Does anyone know which seal it could be? Part number? I thought it was the rear crank seal. Toyota have quoted £58.
    Check me out I can punctuate now!!!!!!

I told you what seal you need in your other thread.

Comment

I asked the guy at the parts about the transmission oil seal he said there are many seals - don't get huffy
      thanks bushwhacker

Comment

got the seal on Friday . it's round slip's over the torque converter. i think ? is this right do you have pic of seal . toyota say it is not so sure bushwacker????????????

Comment

Originally posted by ricky gibb View Post
          got the seal on Friday . it's round slip's over the torque converter. i think ? is this right do you have pic of seal . toyota say it is not so sure bushwacker????????????
          yeah, thats the one.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thank's tony got other one as well. go's at front i think?? with small steel plate on it just in case

Comment

Be careful not to run it until it's fixed and tested - had the same issue with mine just before I set off from London to Edinburgh and risked it.

Ended up blowing the gearbox & contaminating the clutch just past Gretna.
              Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaft120 View Post
                Be careful not to run it until it's fixed and tested - had the same issue with mine just before I set off from London to Edinburgh and risked it.

Ended up blowing the gearbox & contaminating the clutch just past Gretna.
                Thats a little different from using it around town and topping up the oil every couple of days!!!
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

its not running out just a little when towing caravan.but have to fix it .? do i need 12ltr of dexron 3 how much and where.thanks...............?
                  Last edited by ricky gibb; 10 November 2010, 21:54.

Comment

But where's the PICTURE?

Cheers, Nick
                    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

gear box fixed

thats it done cost £300 drives good as new have to take it back next week for check up thanks for all the help.......................... ...............

Comment

Did you get it done at the main dealer?
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

no way its £1000 just to do it.
                          old man at garage done it for me asked for £150

Comment

Originally posted by ricky gibb View Post
                            no way its £1000 just to do it.
                            old man at garage done it for me asked for £150
                            My dealer is £360+VAT to change Gearbox and Crank seals. £1k is a bit much?

Which was it, £150 or £300?
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

it was 150for full job oil and lab. he only asked for 150 .worked on it for 2 days got good deal don't you think .............................. .............................. .............................. ...................give him 300

Comment

Working...
                              X