shocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocking

im gonna replace my shocks with a set of decent ones any recomendations on wot ones to get and how easy is it to fit them please thanks mark
    black n tan
    black n tan
    yes i am a dobermann man

Originally posted by slydog
    im gonna replace my shocks with a set of decent ones any recomendations on wot ones to get and how easy is it to fit them please thanks mark
    pro comps seem popular with people that has changed theirs, if you do a search there should be some info on here, although when you search it dont recognise three letters, so if you put pro comp in it wont find anything, tried it
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
      pro comps seem popular with people that has changed theirs, if you do a search there should be some info on here, although when you search it dont recognise three letters, so if you put pro comp in it wont find anything, tried it
      old forum search is better "pro comp" found this http://www.arborwood.com/awforums/sh...1&topid=2097#2
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

shocks

cheers ian yea i have seen those pro comp es 9000 i think pretty reasonable price as well
        black n tan
        black n tan
        yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

try this http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Got ES9000's as part of a suspension lift and I can thoroughly recommend them. Firm but still got all my fillings

Roger
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Procomp seen the best bang for your buck, I've had 3000's on my pickup for 5 years now, recently put 9000's on the back of the 4Runner and they are wonderful, but slightly firmer than the 3000's or stock Toyota ones.

But with +2" HD springs and 9000's the Runner stays dead level loaded up with junk and caravan in tow, but not over harsh when empty.

Also look at Bilsteins, Rancho and others, Bilsteins are curtainly great shocks, but usually a lot more £££ than the procomps.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

shocks

well i get slight shuddering on front end at speed if there firm they might not be the ones im looking for
                black n tan
                black n tan
                yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

well i get slight shuddering on front end at speed if there firm they might not be the ones im looking for
                  have you had the wheels balanced
                  [size=5][/size]

Comment

Old worn shocks could be the problem, as they'll move up and a little before any damping takes place. Also look at you steering stabiliser.

If its alignment or balencing it shouldn't make any difference.

Comment

shocks

i dont get any wheel wobble at all and she drives dead straight if i let go of the wheel so im asuming its the shocks its done 79 thousand ks so it wont hurt to change them are they hard to change
                      black n tan
                      black n tan
                      yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

rear was OK, one side is fiddley due to the panhard rod mount. Not done an IFS front before but looks fine from the pics.

Only tricky if the top nut rusts onto the thread.

Comment

Slydog,

I recently had my knackered front shocks replaced - feels totally different now. I never got shuddering at speed though (unless i was bombing it round country lanes hitting pot-holes!), it was more 'floaty' or 'bouncy' than anything else. Mine had adjustable shocks, not sure if you have and not sure if it makes much difference. Done about the same mileage though - 83000 miles. 3rd gens don't have a steering stabiliser btw.
                          The dealer did my shocks for me so I'm not quite sure how hard it is. I know that the shock and spring assembly come out as one unit and then I think you need a spring compressor to remove the shock from inside the spring but that's about it.

Cheers,
                          Rob

Comment

cheers lads

cheers lads perhaps il bring me shocks and a bag of spanners over to the pit next week and watch the xperts at work lol only joking lol mark
                            black n tan
                            black n tan
                            yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Changing the front shocks is easy. The back is harder as access to the top retaining nut is limited. Unlike this guy I dropped the spare down before starting the job.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X