Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freewheeling hubs

Has any one had any experience of the AVM manual hubs sold by
    Milners? I always thought the aisins were the best, but these seem quite reasonably priced at £50 each!!
    Neil
    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

i thought front axles had automatic disconnecting hubs
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by europa88
      Has any one had any experience of the AVM manual hubs sold by
      Milners? I always thought the aisins were the best, but these seem quite reasonably priced at £50 each!!
      Neil
      someone has fitted these but i think it was on the old forum, not seen anything on here up to yet, only disadvantage is getting out to lock the hubs when you want 4wd
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        they do marky, but they can be converted to manual, some people prefer them
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Hi
          I believe and I stand to be corrected that the front axle has the 'Add'
          Automatic diff disconect so that the hubs are fixed and one of the front driveshafts are pulled out of the diff by servo's and solenoids. This means that a manual hub can be used as well to disconnect the drive for what ever reason needed ie,long distance motorway travel etc
          One of the big advantages is u can use low range in 2 wheel drive.
          Probably never need It but It there any way!
          Cheers Neil

Comment

I have Aisin manual hubs on mine. Got them from Toyota Parts Dude on the Yotatech forum. Cost about €100 shipped from the states. They do make a difference at the lower end of the acceleration spectrum and make the steering feel much lighter when disconnected, but didnt notice any real improvement in fuel economy. I got them to save on wear and tear to my CV's after changing two cv boots. Never want to do that again! Glad i didnt buy the AVM ones. They look really ****ty!
            Hope that helps!
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
            [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Manual hubs are good if you tweek the Torsions bars more than 1 1/2"'s and want to keep the CV's on one piece for long. Asisn hubs are the bomb, I'd try to get a pair of these, even used before anther brand.

If you don't mind getting out to turn them on, they will halt any more wear in the front drive train when not on.

Make sure you get hubs that fit an IFS hilux pickup, solid axle ones have a different spline count and don't fit.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

And for the 3rd gen they are WAY up there in price. Probably over €1000.

Comment

2wd low range could be good to stop lockup on a hard surface, like pulling a boat out at a boat ramp, especially with a manual, stop that clutch smoking - now with my auto of course no need for that.
                  Paul - NZ
                  [COLOR=darkslateblue]Paul - NZ[/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks guys
                    I think I'll give the Avm's a miss and look for a second hand pair of aisin's
                    and recon them!
                    Neil

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      The hubs do not disconnect.They are locked to the drive shafts by the hub flange..ADD is Automatic Disconnecting Differential and this allows the axles and hubs to spin freely.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                        The hubs do not disconnect.They are locked to the drive shafts by the hub flange..ADD is Automatic Disconnecting Differential and this allows the axles and hubs to spin freely.

Neville
                        i knew id seen something about this http://www.yotatech.com/~corey/tech/.../matt_hubs.htm
                        [size=5][/size]

Comment

This link has been posted before but maybe some have not seen it yet.

ADD Info. (not Attention Deficit Disorder)

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/other/4_axles.html

Neville

Comment

Just outta intrest.....

Does the manual hubs off the Hi-lux pick-ups fit??
                            As ive got loads off them kicking about.
                            [SIZE=3]3.0L..SSR-X Ltd..'94[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Burgandy/Grey[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                              Manual hubs are good if you tweek the Torsions bars more than 1 1/2"'s and want to keep the CV's on one piece for long.

would dropping the diff a little solve this?
                              by reducing the angle of the hub to shaft?
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X