head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head gasket

good afternoon all just a quick question what would a garage charge for replaceing the head gasket on surf 3.0 kzn130 just looking for ballpark figure have done a check and blue fluid turned yellow truck running great
    thanks in advance nick

£300
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      £300
      thank you for quick reply.

Comment

afternoon

I assume that just for tearing off the head, cleaning & replacement of the gasket. If the heads gone and not the gasket then you need to factor in another £600 ish + VAT for a new head

hawaii
        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Check the head for cracks between combustion chamber and cooling jacket. Seems to be getting more common as the 3.0 litre engines age.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            £300
            :nods: hard to defend charging more than that, especially on a 3.0
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

hope it is just the gasket just covered over 500 mile down devon towing a trailer tent got hot by the big wallmart by bristol coolant bottle was full put it back in radiator been ok all week before we went she was getting hotter than normal changed thermostat rad cap flushed rad i was hoping that had solved it.can any one recomend a garage in the worcestershire area i am in bromsgrove theres a garage in rubery that has good feedback.

Comment

Hi Gen

save the money and have a go yourself, its a bit of a pain and a couple of days work but it's quite easy really, by the way I'm a photographer, no mechanic, and I did mine in the street on my own between rain and other crap.

At least then if its the head you'll have 250 to put towards a new one.

PS. don't tow anymore till you fit a tranny cooler, these, I've found out at my expense, are not designed for towing anything over 1500kg, unless, viscous fan is working right, you fit a transmission oil cooler, your rad/cap and all the pipework is in tip top condition. H

Comment

i would but my back wont let me asked at rubery garage £411.00 just to change gasket ,i will have to sell bike and buy a new cylinder head as knowing my luck it will not be just the gasket many thanks for the replys guys .

Comment

Working...
                  X