Ignition / Key removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition / Key removal

Can anyone tell me why sometimes i cannot turn my key fully to the off position inorder to remove it. I know the gear lever has to be in the park position but it intermitantly fails and will not let me remove the key , i try forcing the lever harder against the stop as someone said in another post but does not always work , can it be cured ??

Many thanks

Paul

Linkage need adjustment?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Does it release when in Neutral?
      I wasnt aware i could remove the key when in neutral , i thought it was only in park ?

Comment

Originally posted by Slugger View Post
        I wasnt aware i could remove the key when in neutral , i thought it was only in park ?
        Yeah, sorry, wasn't on the same page.

Comment

Linkage need adjustment?
          How do i check the linkage and is it fairly easy ??

Paul

Comment

is this a 3rd Gen? they often suffer from the lever interlock switch on the lever, or the solonoid on the barrel playing up.

you can unplug the solonoid for a quick fix, or try cleaning the linkage and testing the switch on the shifter mech.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

How do i check the linkage and is it fairly easy ??

Paul
              Where the other end of the shift lever connects to the selector rod on the transmission, there's a slot to allow adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                is this a 3rd Gen? they often suffer from the lever interlock switch on the lever, or the solonoid on the barrel playing up.

you can unplug the solonoid for a quick fix, or try cleaning the linkage and testing the switch on the shifter mech.
                How do i do either of these ? , where will i find the solenoid and how do i check the linkage to clean etc. Oh and yes it is a third gen

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Where the other end of the shift lever connects to the selector rod on the transmission, there's a slot to allow adjustment.
                  Sorry , im a bit slow on the old keyboard , how do i access the linkage . Do i get underneath the truck or go in from the top inside console ?

Comment

Sorry , im a bit slow on the old keyboard , how do i access the linkage . Do i get underneath the truck or go in from the top inside console ?

Underneath on the driver's side of the transmission in-line with the gear lever.

Comment

Underneath on the driver's side of the transmission in-line with the gear lever.
                      Thanks guys , will give that a go during my night shift tonight if i can get it in the factory.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                      X