Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front tyres inside wear

Hi

The insides of the front tyres on my 3rd Gen Surf are really worn down and I am not sure why. The outer sides and the rear tyres are fine. I had the tracking checked at the MOT last week and it was fine.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Out of interest when were the tyres last aligned and have the tyres been on before then?

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply. The tyres have been on the Surf since I bought it about 2 years ago, I personally have never had them aligned up until the MOT last week.

Thanks

Comment

Anyone??

Comment

Although they may be aligned, the camber angle could be incorrect. I'l suggest taking it to another tyre depot that deals with commercial vehicles to get it checked out.
          Mike G

Comment

Sound like the camber is all wrong. On a 2nc gen you could correct it by tweaking up the torsion bars. I think I've read right, yours is a 3rd gen. Does it have castor correction anywhere?
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

3rd gen have snail cam adjusters to adjust camber and caster . Depends if he used the correct data to set the toe up . 3rd Gen is same as Landcruiser Prado chassis .
              Wear on inside edge is to much toe out.
              Data differs from 2nd and 1st gen settings
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                3rd gen have snail cam adjusters to adjust camber and caster . Depends if he used the correct data to set the toe up . 3rd Gen is same as Landcruiser Prado chassis .
                Wear on inside edge is to much toe out.
                Data differs from 2nd and 1st gen settings
                Thanks for the reply.

Do you know what the settings should be and where is the best place to get this sorted? Should I take it to the main Toyota dealer?

Thanks

Comment

I got my info from this posting :http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=42033
                  I know Rob on here did do a print out ounce with all the settings on but I can not find it .

Comment

I got my info from this posting :http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=42033
                    I know Rob on here did do a print out ounce with all the settings on but I can not find it .
                    Are these the ones you recommended then?

All in Degrees apparently (don't know where that is on the keybord, so used a decimal point)

Settings (Lower Limit .. Upper Limit)

FRONT

Total Toe +0.10 (+0.00 .. +0.19)
                    Partial Tor +0.05 (+0.00 .. +0.10)
                    Set-Back +0.00 (-0.36 .. +0.35)
                    Camber +0.10 (-0.35 .. +0.55)
                    Caster +2.25 (+1.40 .. +3.10)
                    King-Pin - NA
                    Included Angle - NA

REAR

Total Toe - NA
                    Partial Toe - NA
                    Camber - NA
                    Thrust Angle +0.00 (-0.15 .. +0.15)

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by carcuscrae View Post
                      Are these the ones you recommended then?

All in Degrees apparently (don't know where that is on the keybord, so used a decimal point)

Settings (Lower Limit .. Upper Limit)

FRONT

Total Toe +0.10 (+0.00 .. +0.19)
                      Partial Tor +0.05 (+0.00 .. +0.10)
                      Set-Back +0.00 (-0.36 .. +0.35)
                      Camber +0.10 (-0.35 .. +0.55)
                      Caster +2.25 (+1.40 .. +3.10)
                      King-Pin - NA
                      Included Angle - NA

REAR

Total Toe - NA
                      Partial Toe - NA
                      Camber - NA
                      Thrust Angle +0.00 (-0.15 .. +0.15)

Thanks
                      Have not used them as still have not found anyone in this redneck area who has the equipment to se it up .
                      In the end my front tyres have worn out again due to incorrect alignment.
                      There are 2 sets of figures on that thread I posted one in degrees and the other in mm . Take your pick of which you choose to use

Comment

Have not used them as still have not found anyone in this redneck area who has the equipment to se it up .
                        In the end my front tyres have worn out again due to incorrect alignment.
                        There are 2 sets of figures on that thread I posted one in degrees and the other in mm . Take your pick of which you choose to use
                        Do you think Dingles in Norwich will have the equipment? They are the main Toyota dealer here and I have gotten the odd spare part from them in the past, they seem to know what they are doing.

Thanks

Comment

Dingles in Norwich have quoted me £79.99 for a full 4 wheel alignment, camber & castor check. Does this sound a reasonable price or are they ripping me off?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by carcuscrae View Post
                            Dingles in Norwich have quoted me £79.99 for a full 4 wheel alignment, camber & castor check. Does this sound a reasonable price or are they ripping me off?

Thanks
                            Depends who you ask. Full alignment costs from £35 to £120, depending on where you live and where you take it.
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Can you recommend anyone in Norwich who can do it cheaper then?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X