Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regarding A-bar, Nudge Bar

hi guys

it looks like i need to replace the plastic bar that holds the spots which runs along the a bar. i hope ive got my terminology correct! the plastic which has the chrome parts have massive holes due to rust. so my question is do i need to replace the whole bull bar or just the plastic that runs horizontal along bar? it looks terrible with the holes on front and i dont want to be stopped by the local copshop cos its an eye sore. how much do these things go for anyways ive looked on fleebay and cant see any.......

also whats the steps for changing this part?

kind regards me

Originally posted by Mr Angry View Post
    hi guys

it looks like i need to replace the plastic bar that holds the spots which runs along the a bar. i hope ive got my terminology correct! the plastic which has the chrome parts have massive holes due to rust. so my question is do i need to replace the whole bull bar or just the plastic that runs horizontal along bar? it looks terrible with the holes on front and i dont want to be stopped by the local copshop cos its an eye sore. how much do these things go for anyways ive looked on fleebay and cant see any.......

also whats the steps for changing this part?

kind regards me
    Lets see if I got this right ?

You have a standard Toyota fitted A bar on your truck ??

You have spot lights fitted on the lower cross bar that is clad in plastic ?

The small chrome plated bits of tin decoration have got big holes in them ?

If this is correct then you can simply remove the chrome plated bits and throw the away or ask a breaker on here if they have replacements.

The Spots will be bolted to a sturdy piece of metal that the plastic covers for aesthetics only

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      Lets see if I got this right ?

You have a standard Toyota fitted A bar on your truck ??

You have spot lights fitted on the lower cross bar that is clad in plastic ?

The small chrome plated bits of tin decoration have got big holes in them ?

If this is correct then you can simply remove the chrome plated bits and throw the away or ask a breaker on here if they have replacements.

The Spots will be bolted to a sturdy piece of metal that the plastic covers for aesthetics only
      yes it is the lower cross bar that is clad in plastic with the chrome plated parts that you described. how do you remove them? do i need to remove the full plastic part or do these tin parts just pop out?

can someone tell me how much these are?

regards me

Comment

Remove the spots as I'm assuming they are on top of the plastic cover and the there are 2 small 10mm (I think) bolts that hold the plastic shroud on, one near each upright.

Once the shroud is off you should see how to remove the chrome trims

Price of new one's ???? contact Stormforce or one of the other breakers to see if they have any kicking about.

Post a wanted add up in the parts wanted section.

Comment

you will be lucky to find any decent ones about.If there are decent ones on an a bar then no-one will take them off as they can't make any money on the bar with out them.
          You should be able to pise them off without taking the whole lot off.What some people do is to get a bit of alloy and polish it up and fix in place
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Mine came without one so I could see the mounts easily.
            A lareg bit of 90º angle stainless was cut and fettled to fit and now houses my spots and looks wicked!

Maybe find an alternative to the original like I did?
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
              Mine came without one so I could see the mounts easily.
              A lareg bit of 90º angle stainless was cut and fettled to fit and now houses my spots and looks wicked!

Maybe find an alternative to the original like I did?
              mine is missing. do you have a pic of yours so i can get some sneaky ideas?

Comment

I'll see what I can do.
                I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

the chrome parts have holes in them so they cannot be repaired. when i do remove these from the plastic casing i will have a gaping hole and will probably look worse than before!

also, can this section be removed completely? if so will it look hideous cos my spots dont work on my car anyways and never have. will post a photo tomorrow at some point thanks for your help

regards me

Comment

Working...
                  X