HELP! hilux getting warmed up with Air Con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! hilux getting warmed up with Air Con

Hi,can anybody help me and my kzn 130 3.0ltr auto,im stuck on a reason why my car temp gauge doesnt move from middle,then when i turn aircon on the temp rises quick high!its never done this before ever since ive had 3 years ago.

why now? the rad fan cuts in ok,engine is getting hot the oil pressure drops a little,turns air con off temp geos down to normal and stays in middle,then put air con on gets ice cold temp stays fine?

this is driving me mad,the air con has been recharged 6 months ago,just had service,fan belts etc ok,radiator fan comes on when hot,any ideas guys ??????
    Last edited by kingdigger; 28 June 2010, 14:41.

Well 39 people have had a look at this up to now and I bet, like all of them, they've never heard of this happening before, because it's the first time I can recall seeing something like this mentioned.

If the engine isn't actually getting hotter (hard to tell obviously) it may possibly be some electrical fault causing the guage to rise when you turn on the aircon switch, although that is a pure guess since I'm not aware of why there should be any link between the two systems.
    Mike G

Comment

cheers for replies better than nothing! i think it might be fan switch on rad,as i havent used aircon past 2 days and no overheating! so most be fan not cutting in long enough? very strange doing pressure check on system tommorow,im hopping its not head gasket! any ideas at all on what it might be would be very grateful chaps.

Comment

another stab in the dark but maybe the clutch on the aircon compressor is dragging/seizeing and putting the engine under strain, like driveing with your brakes on.
        just an idea
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by kingdigger View Post
          cheers for replies better than nothing!

Not the best comment if you're looking for help?

What model Surf do you have and what engine size is it?
          Last edited by Albannach; 29 June 2010, 23:02. Reason: You changed it, thanks.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

hello,possible,might be pump just regased the thing 6 weeks ago no problems found when i was doing it,done leak check and pressure check on air con,100% spot on, all i can do is start at the cheapest item first,rad switch sensor,then fan sensor,fan works perfect so thats not needed,then change aircon pump and re gas? just ###### annoying ive had nothing but bad luck with this surf,exchange box,then diff,half shaft,calipers,all cv boots,seals ,bearings, shoes cylinders,exhaust,tyres,lol im going to add photo and please tell me whats this is now worth!

hilux surf 1 years MOT Rare light metallic Blue/silver 3000cc Auto,88,000 miles excellent body condition,many new and recon parts,diff,transfer box,front and bearings,cv boots allround ,diffseals,halfshafts,shoes,pa ds,sevice twice a year,wind deflectors on sunroof/doors. large 7" lcd screens built in head rests! not cheap clip on ones!
            large lcd 10" flip down screen on ceiling, dvd player has 4" screen with built in tv, kenwood speakers all round not a cheap system cost over £650 ,all history from japan import mots etc, 4 recent new tyres,recent full exhaust,body sealed underneath,fresh air con charge,a true classic,great for long runs for kids watcha movie!ice cold air,great driver and looked after well clean,does not smoke,remember its 15 years old!very fast, owned for over 2,1/2 years

does any one now what these are now worth?
            Last edited by kingdigger; 29 June 2010, 23:12.

Comment

£1,500 - £1,800
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                £1,500 - £1,800
                I'd be upset if I only got that for it!
                There are plenty of good examples priced £2k-£2.5k....
                Don't underprice your car just to sell it - it devalues all others!!

(unless Albannach your looking to buy one! )
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

You keep on about the fan, that little fan in the grill only comes on when aircon is on, at least on mine anyway, the biggy viscous jobby in the engine bay is the main cooling fan and should be on constantly when engine is running, mine needed re-oiling with silicone oil as I reckon it wasn't doing its job properly, same mileage as yours 94 model, I'd look at doing this before the head goes $hit, the oil comes from RC Model shops, I used the 6000, its here:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.ph...n&ItemID=33290

you'll need an impact driver to get the screws out once you get the hub off, clean out all the old crap using petrol, takes a while as the stuff is treacle, once your petrol is coming out and not feeling sticky its clean, then squirt 4/5 of a single 50ml bottle in the opening, do it all back up and your good to go. There's a write up here, use the search for silicone oil, should bring it up. H

Comment

Working...
                  X