Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen tail gate

ok chaps & chappesses!

how the devil do i get the plastic interior trim off the tailgate without opening the door?... the mechanism seems to be broken somewhere but i haven't the foggiest how to get at it!!... i've removed the inside window rubber to have a quick look but that's as far as it goes!

hmmm...

scratch my head!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

I've done it with the door open, don't know how hard or possible it is with the door shut.

Basically...

1) With a flat screwdriver, remove plastic tab over bolt that attaches the pull down strap.
    2) Remove this bolt and the strap.
    3) Starting from the bottom or corner of the plastic trim, start pulling the trim away from the door. There are 10 trim clips which are obviously delicate. I think i used a steel ruler or scraper to gently lever the trim away from the door.
    4) Once all the clips have been released, the trim is held on by the interior weatherstrip. The trim needs to be pushed vertically upward to unhook the weatherstrip from the edge of the door. Now the trim should be free.

Behind the trim you'll find the rear window regulator (blue box). There are two or three service plates which you'll need to unscrew to get to the locks / mechanisms / window motor etc.

Hope this helps.

Comment

cushtie!... cheers mate!... i was starting to worry!

the biggest part will be emptying all the crap out the boot!... but kill 2 birds with one stone eh!!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Might be a PITA to get the trim off with the door shut, can't remember how much room you'll have to get any leverage... oh well!

Comment

Working...
        X