X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Switch Location & Non-Restricted Vacum

Hello

I have a 93 Surf 3.0l TD Auto.

I need to know where the brake light switch is, a live wire that is live when the key is turned and a non-restricted vacum source.

I am fitting a cruise control kit.

Any helpful comments?

Brake switch is on top of the pedal, the vacuum pipe going to the servo is always 'on' the hose along the top of the rad is the vacuum line.

Have a look under the dash while your getting the brake switch, there is a big loom of easy to get at wires going to the ignition key you can find a switched live easily with a multi meter.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi Tony

I prepared the wires on the brake pedal switch, but wasn't sure it was the brake switch.

Yes, multimeter, I really should get and learn how to use one.

I'll be doing the job today. I'll post how things go and how I did things afterward.

Thanks

Comment

Hello

Ok, so far I have fitted the the kit using the brake servo vacum. Brakes feel a bit spongy now, hopefully that will clear up. It took longer that expected to connect to the throttle assemble than I thought it would. I had to make a bracket to hold the cruise control cable.

So everything is in place for me to connect the wires. Will buy a multimeter tomorrow and endeavour to find the wires I need.

If you have any thoughts whatsoever please post a reply.
        Last edited by lifechariot; 7 June 2010, 23:51.

Comment

Working...
        X