Refitting injectors???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refitting injectors???

Just about to refit my refurbished injectors which is the last part of the engine rebuild. Is there supposed to be a washer between the little cap inside the head and the injector? Dont want to have to take them out again. Thanks for any help.

If your talking about where the bottom of the injector mates against the cylinder head then yes there is supposed to be a small crush washer in there. When I had my injectors rebuilt a year ago the injectors came with new crush washers as well as the new aluminum looking washers that go on the fuel return lines.

Comment

Thanks for that. I got the ones that go on top of the injectors but not the bottom ones. I will get some ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by gkm24 View Post
        Thanks for that. I got the ones that go on top of the injectors but not the bottom ones. I will get some ordered.
        They are only a few pence
        If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

On the new head I fitted, the kit came with the steel nozzle cups (once fitted are permanent) and new crush washers but no fuel return washers, so maybe fine just to use your old ones. I did and it runs fine.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

All fitted now. Had to get some shims from toyota for tappets. Engine runs beautiful now. Finish off tomorrow and take for a run.

Comment

You got pics of shim fitting?
              Alan

Comment

Keep your old shims Alan.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

why?
                  Alan

Comment

cos Toyota charge £5 a shim!
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

So that we can use them if we ever need to adjust our tappets.

Comment

The whole head is being sent back this week.
                        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                          The whole head is being sent back this week.
                          Hmmm, maybe they'd be a bit mifed if there are no shims? Maybe not keep them then.

Comment

ah, yeah, if you bought a built head you need to send them back, or people will get annoyed.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

So I pulled out the shims and ........oh.......bugger!

Ah well, back out to refit them.
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X