Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Pedal Travel

Hi Surfers,

Overhauled the front brake calipers this week. New seals/covers and 1 new piston from Brake International (good service). Its all back together, system bled completely including LSV on rear axle. Adjusted up the rear shoes as they were a bit out and road tested. No leaks or anything and the truck (3.0 auto 2nd gen) pulls up nice and straight now. Handbrake has adjusted up nicely on the self adjuster. The front pads are almost new, thats how I knew the calipers were starting to seize and the rears are very good. Truck is never used off road, but does a LOT of towing.

The query is : I just wanted to ask how much free play before the brakes activate is acceptable? I have to say it does feel like there is more than there was before even though the brakes do feel fine once working. I am guessing I needed more force before because of the brake calipers starting to seize but I was just wondering how other trucks are as i have only ever driven mine.

I realise it is a 2 tonne dinosaur and i`m not going to outbrake a F1 car but I am curious. I will go to work in it tonight, a round trip of 45 miles and see how it goes.

Cheers, Ben.
Working...
X