Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission prob?

Hi everyone
    Ive recently noticed when releasing the clutch there is sometimes a slight "grab" and judder,the grab part usually occurs after the handbrake has been applied.Any ideas what could be causing this?

Cheers , RobD
    Powered by ????

Originally posted by RobD
    Hi everyone
    Ive recently noticed when releasing the clutch there is sometimes a slight "grab" and judder,the grab part usually occurs after the handbrake has been applied.Any ideas what could be causing this?

Cheers , RobD
    I'm no mechanic but if this only ever happens after applying the handbrake, it could be that the rear drum brakes or handbrake mechanism needs an overhaul - could be sticking / siezing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      I'm no mechanic but if this only ever happens after applying the handbrake, it could be that the rear drum brakes or handbrake mechanism needs an overhaul - could be sticking / siezing.
      I think thats where the problem lies Rob,tried parking without handbrake,no sudden grab on take off,glad it's nothing more serious.
      Powered by ????

Comment

I think thats where the problem lies Rob,tried parking without handbrake,no sudden grab on take off,glad it's nothing more serious.
        take the drums off and check the pads see if they're low, you dont want to be scoring the drums, they might just need blowing out as a lot of dust builds up in the drum from the wear on the pads
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Hi everyone

Cheers , RobD
          take it for a drive, avoid any prolonged braking, coast to a halt, feel the rear drums, if they're hot, shoes are sticking, if so, new shoes will be needed as they will have glazed, if not, and the grabby feel is still there (is there like a clunk as you release the handbrake and pull off), then there is probably a buildup of dirt and corrosion, time to replace the shoes and overhaul the drum assembly.
          [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Working...
          X